* ConTeXt problem with page layout
@ 2008-11-05 11:01 Robert Blackstone
From: Robert Blackstone @ 2008-11-05 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi list,

I am having a problem setting up the layout of my document with
\setuplayout, following the instructions in "ConTeXt an excursion", p 72 and
112.

Since I want margin notes I want to specify both the margins and the edges,
which I  tried to do as follows:

\setuplayout[location=middle,leftedge=1cm,rightedge=1cm,leftmargin=3cm,rightmargin=2cm,width=13cm,height=23cm]

What I get is: no left edge, left margin 2cm right on the edge of the paper,
text 13 cm, right margin 2 cm, right edge 1 cm, empty space 16 mm.

Moreover, whatever I change in the parameters, the layout stays the same.

Has the command changed?

I am using MkII as supplied with MacTeX2008, (not updated because that
didn't work either).

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Robert Blackstone

* Re: ConTeXt problem with page layout
@ 2008-11-05 20:39 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2008-11-05 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Robert,

Edges are meant for screen versions of documents.
There are other dimensions you can use: backspace, cutspace

Kind regards

Willi