I'm no expert, but this seems to work: \setupcolors [state=start, system=rgb] \def\bw#1{\framed[background=color,backgroundcolor=black]{\color[white]{#1}}} \setuppagenumbering[command=\bw,location={header,margin}] \starttext \input tufte \stoptext On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 12:32 AM, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky < yatskovsky@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > How to make page number as white digit in a black square? (And place it on > the right of the page) > Since right is ambiguous(it could be header or footer) I think you will be able to figure it out http://texshow.contextgarden.net/cmd/en/setuppagenumbering HTH