* Pagenumbering of appendices
@ 2009-09-10 15:40 olafm+context
From: olafm+context @ 2009-09-10 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

I've been trying to turn off the conversion of page numbers to roman
numerals in my appendix without any luck. Here is a minimal example:

  \setuppagenumbering[way=bytext,location={bottom, right}]
  \startsectionblockenvironment[bodypart]
    \setuppagenumber[number=1, state=start]
  \stopsectionblockenvironment
  \startsectionblockenvironment[appendix]
    \setuppagenumbering[conversion=,location=bottom,left={--~},right={~--}]
  \stopsectionblockenvironment

  \starttext
  \startbodymatter
  \chapter{Body 1}
  \input knuth
  \chapter{Body 2}
  \input knuth
  \stopbodymatter

  \startappendices
  \chapter{App 1}
  \input knuth

  \chapter{App 2}
  \input knuth
  \stopappendices
  \stoptext

What am I missing? All other settings I set in \setuppagenumbering
seem to take effect.

Cheers,
Olaf

* Re: Pagenumbering of appendices
@ 2009-09-11  5:51 ` Derek CORDEIRO
From: Derek CORDEIRO @ 2009-09-11  5:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 9:10 PM,
<olafm+context@kimberly.tako.de<olafm%2Bcontext@kimberly.tako.de>
> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to turn off the conversion of page numbers to roman
> numerals in my appendix without any luck. Here is a minimal example:
>
>  \setuppagenumbering[way=bytext,location={bottom, right}]
>  \startsectionblockenvironment[bodypart]
>    \setuppagenumber[number=1, state=start]
>  \stopsectionblockenvironment
>  \startsectionblockenvironment[appendix]

\setupuserpagenumber[numberconversion=numbers]

\setuppagenumbering is still used for the other parameters below.

>    \setuppagenumbering[conversion=,location=bottom,left={--~},right={~--}]
>  \stopsectionblockenvironment
>
>  \starttext
>  \startbodymatter
>  \chapter{Body 1}
>  \input knuth
>  \chapter{Body 2}
>  \input knuth
>  \stopbodymatter
>
>  \startappendices
>  \chapter{App 1}
>  \input knuth
>
>  \chapter{App 2}
>  \input knuth
>  \stopappendices
>  \stoptext
>
> What am I missing? All other settings I set in \setuppagenumbering
> seem to take effect.

Please refer to this thread:
http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2009/043284.html for a related
discussion.

--
A few minutes of yours can give many minutes of education to someone less
priviledged. Go to my blog(http://teachmetowrite.blogspot.com/) and click on

* Re: Pagenumbering of appendices
@ 2009-09-11  9:04   ` Olaf Mersmann
From: Olaf Mersmann @ 2009-09-11  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Derek CORDEIRO <derekcordeiro@gmail.com> [090911 07:51]:
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 9:10 PM, <olafm+context@kimberly.tako.de<olafm%2Bcontext@kimberly.tako.de> wrote:
> > I've been trying to turn off the conversion of page numbers to roman
> > numerals in my appendix without any luck. Here is a minimal example:
> >
> >  \setuppagenumbering[way=bytext,location={bottom, right}]
> >  \startsectionblockenvironment[bodypart]
> >    \setuppagenumber[number=1, state=start]
> >  \stopsectionblockenvironment
> >  \startsectionblockenvironment[appendix]
> >

> \setupuserpagenumber[numberconversion=numbers]
>
> \setuppagenumbering is still used for the other parameters below.

Thanks for the hint. Never saw \setupuserpagenumber[] before.

> Please refer to this thread:
> http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2009/043284.html for a related
> discussion.

I tried to run an expanded version of the minimal example Wolfgang
provided with the current minimals and it gave the following error:

  systems         : begin file simple at line 24
  structure       : begin of sectionblock frontpart
  structure       : title @ level 2 : 0.0 -> \headtext {content}
  ! LuaTeX error ...0910/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/strc-pag.lua:104: bad argument #3 to 'format' (string expected, got table)
  stack traceback:
          [C]: in function 'format'
          ...0910/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/strc-pag.lua:104: in function 'number'
          ...0910/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/strc-pag.lua:172: in function 'prefixpage'
          ...0910/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/strc-lst.lua:399: in function 'prefixedpage'
          <main ctx instance>:1: in main chunk.

The example is:

  \definestructureconversionset[frontpart:pagenumber] [] [romannumerals]
  \definestructureconversionset[bodypart:pagenumber]  [] [numbers]
  \definestructureconversionset[appendix:pagenumber]  [] [numbers]
  \definestructureconversionset[backpart:pagenumber]  [] [numbers]

  \startstructureblockenvironment[frontpart]
  \setupuserpagenumber[numberconversion=romannumerals]
  \setuppagenumber[number=1]
  \stopstructureblockenvironment

  \startstructureblockenvironment[bodypart]
    \setupuserpagenumber[numberconversion=numbers]
    \setuppagenumber[number=1]
  \stopstructureblockenvironment

  \startstructureblockenvironment[appendix]
   \setupuserpagenumber[numberconversion=numbers]
  \stopstructureblockenvironment

  \startstructureblockenvironment[backpart]
   \setupuserpagenumber[numberconversion=numbers]
  \stopstructureblockenvironment

  \starttext
  \startfrontmatter
    \completecontent[criterium=all]
    \chapter{Front}
    \input tufte
  \stopfrontmatter
  \startbodymatter
   \chapter{Body}
   \input knuth
  \stopbodymatter
  \startappendices
   \chapter{Appendix}
   \input knuth
  \stopappendices
  \startbackmatter
    \chapter{Back}
    \input knuth
  \stopbackmatter
  \stoptext

The original gave the same error for me. Any help in debugging this
would be appreciated.

@ 2009-09-11 19:59     ` Derek CORDEIRO
From: Derek CORDEIRO @ 2009-09-11 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 2:34 PM, Olaf Mersmann <
> [...]

>   \setupuserpagenumber[numberconversion=numbers]
>  \stopstructureblockenvironment
>
>  \starttext
>  \startfrontmatter
>    \completecontent[criterium=all]
>    \chapter{Front}
>    \input tufte
>  \stopfrontmatter
>  \startbodymatter
>   \chapter{Body}
>   \input knuth
>  \stopbodymatter
>  \startappendices
>   \chapter{Appendix}
>   \input knuth
>  \stopappendices
>  \startbackmatter
>    \chapter{Back}
>    \input knuth
>  \stopbackmatter
>  \stoptext
>
> The original gave the same error for me. Any help in debugging this

Hans has squashed those bugs. If you update ConTeXt it should be working
fine.

--
A few minutes of yours can give many minutes of education to someone less
priviledged. Go to my blog(http://teachmetowrite.blogspot.com/) and click on
the social vibe badge to make a difference.

* \showgrid
@ 2009-09-11 22:00       ` Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2009-09-11 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

with ConTeXt  ver: 2009.09.11 18:14 MKIV the use of \showgrid results
in a blank page.

\starttext  \showgrid
\input tufte
\stoptext