On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 6:44 PM, Hans Hagen wrote: > Mika Ritola wrote: > >> Hello all, >> >> For some reason, the snippet below outputs 'ThOMAS' instead of 'THOMAS.' >> This seems to be font dependent; at least Adobe Jenson Pro and Adobe >> Garamond Pro produce 'Th,' while the other fonts that I've tried produce >> 'TH', as expected. I don't know whether the bug exists in the fonts >> themselves or in the way they are handled by ConTeXt or the Simplefonts >> module, or possibly some other part of the system. In any case, could you >> suggest a work-around, please? >> >> I'm using ConText version 2009.09.16 20:07 and Simplefonts version >> 2009.09.15. >> >> >> \usemodule[simplefonts] >> \setmainfont[Adobe Jenson Pro] >> >> \starttext >> {\sc Thomas} >> \stoptext >> > That does not work for me at all. The following does work with generating the same ThOMAS \usemodule[simplefonts] \setmainfont[A Jenson Pro Regular] \starttext {\sc Thomas} \stoptext > > could it be a bug in the font? i.e. a Th ligature showing up in smallcaps? > if so, then simplefonts should disable ligatures in smallcaps > I doubt it is a font bug as the following plain luatex works. \font\body=file:AJensonPro-Regular:mode=node;script=latn;language=dflt;+liga;+dlig;+smcp at 12pt \body Thomas \bye