* Footnotes being broken over two pages
@ 2019-02-26  0:04 Lars
From: Lars @ 2019-02-26  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,

I've stumbled upon some behaviour that looks like a bug to me. Sometimes
longer footnotes are being broken over two pages. Please see the
attached picture:

As you can see the last footnote on p. 6 is being continued on p. 7. I
don't think it's a problem of too many footnote lines on one page as on
p. 17 there are more lines and the breaking is in order.

The code for all links that I create like this is:

\define\NytAsimov{
\goto{
\hyphenatedurl{
https://www.nytimes.com/1992/04/12/business/technology-a-celebration-of-isaac-asimov.html}}
[url(https://www.nytimes.com/1992/04/12/business/technology-a-celebration-of-isaac-asimov.html)]
(Abrufdatum 12.12.2018)}

The line breaking I only did for readability. In my source all those
definitions are in single lines. Does anyone have an idea why this is
happening? If you need anything just let me know please.

Thanks in advance, Lars.

[-- Attachment #1.2.1: Type: text/html, Size: 1672 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2.2: footnotes_breaking.jpg --]
[-- Type: image/jpeg, Size: 151123 bytes --]

* Re: Footnotes being broken over two pages
@ 2019-02-26 15:06 ` Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2019-02-26 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 01:04:25 +0100
Lars <axteffekt@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I've stumbled upon some behaviour that looks like a bug to me. Sometimes
> longer footnotes are being broken over two pages. Please see the
> attached picture:
>
> As you can see the last footnote on p. 6 is being continued on p. 7. I
> don't think it's a problem of too many footnote lines on one page as on
> p. 17 there are more lines and the breaking is in order.
>
> The code for all links that I create like this is:
>
> \define\NytAsimov{
> \goto{
> \hyphenatedurl{
> https://www.nytimes.com/1992/04/12/business/technology-a-celebration-of-isaac-asimov.html}}
> [url(https://www.nytimes.com/1992/04/12/business/technology-a-celebration-of-isaac-asimov.html)]
> (Abrufdatum 12.12.2018)}
>
> The line breaking I only did for readability. In my source all those
> definitions are in single lines. Does anyone have an idea why this is
> happening? If you need anything just let me know please.
>
> Thanks in advance, Lars.

Maybe try

\setupnote [footnote] [split=verystrict,scope=page]

Alan

* Re: Footnotes being broken over two pages
@ 2019-02-27 22:30   ` Lars
From: Lars @ 2019-02-27 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,

Am 26/02/2019 um 16:06 schrieb Alan Braslau:
> On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 01:04:25 +0100
> Lars <axteffekt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I've stumbled upon some behaviour that looks like a bug to me. Sometimes
>> longer footnotes are being broken over two pages. Please see the
>> attached picture:
>>
>> As you can see the last footnote on p. 6 is being continued on p. 7. I
>> don't think it's a problem of too many footnote lines on one page as on
>> p. 17 there are more lines and the breaking is in order.
>>
>> The code for all links that I create like this is:
>>
>> \define\NytAsimov{
>> \goto{
>> \hyphenatedurl{
>> https://www.nytimes.com/1992/04/12/business/technology-a-celebration-of-isaac-asimov.html}}
>> [url(https://www.nytimes.com/1992/04/12/business/technology-a-celebration-of-isaac-asimov.html)]
>> (Abrufdatum 12.12.2018)}
>>
>> The line breaking I only did for readability. In my source all those
>> definitions are in single lines. Does anyone have an idea why this is
>> happening? If you need anything just let me know please.
>>
>> Thanks in advance, Lars.
>>
> Maybe try
>
> \setupnote [footnote] [split=verystrict,scope=page]
>
> Alan

The text shortened slightly due to correction. After that, the problem
seems gone. But I will take your solution commented into my doc and will
try it and report should it occur again.

Thank you!

Lars