* Confusing level change message, why?
@ 2018-06-15 21:03 Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2018-06-15 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

The example below is taken from the wiki article "Titles
<http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Titles>," with pdf bookmark apparatus
prepended and a second chapter added to the bodymatter.

In the log, this produces the lines:

    backend         > bookmarks > confusing level change at level 3
    around '1 body'
    backend         > bookmarks > confusing level change at level 3
    around 'A appendix'
    backend         > bookmarks > confusing level change at level 3
    around 'back'

That is, one message for each *matter change.

What is the meaning of the message, and how can it be removed (short of
disabling pdf bookmarks)?

    \setupinteraction[state=start]
    \placebookmarks[chapter, section, subsection, subsubsection]
                    [chapter,section]
    \setupsectionblock[frontpart][page=]
    \setupsectionblock[bodypart] [page=]
    \setupsectionblock[backpart] [page=]
    \setupsectionblock[appendix] [page=]
    \definepagebreak[firstpagebreak][yes,header,footer,right]
    \setuphead[chapter][page=firstpagebreak]
    \starttext
    \startfrontmatter
    \chapter{front}
    \stopfrontmatter
    \startbodymatter
    \chapter{body}
    \chapter{body}
    \stopbodymatter
    \startappendices
    \chapter{appendix}
    \stopappendices
    \startbackmatter
    \chapter{back}
    \stopbackmatter
    \stoptext

--
Rik

* Re: Confusing level change message, why?
@ 2018-06-17  8:35 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2018-06-17  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 06/15/2018 11:03 PM, Rik Kabel wrote:
> The example below is taken from the wiki article "Titles
> <http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Titles>," with pdf bookmark apparatus
> prepended and a second chapter added to the bodymatter.
>
> In the log, this produces the lines:
>
>     backend         > bookmarks > confusing level change at level 3
>     around '1 body'
>     backend         > bookmarks > confusing level change at level 3
>     around 'A appendix'
>     backend         > bookmarks > confusing level change at level 3
>     around 'back'
>
> That is, one message for each *matter change.
>
> What is the meaning of the message, and how can it be removed (short of
> disabling pdf bookmarks)?

Hi Rik,

if you disable bookmarks (by commenting
"\setupinteraction[state=start]"), you won’t get the message.

But I wonder what is the problem besides the log message. From your
sample, I get a PDF document with all the expected content.

What I am missing from your explanation? Or why are these log messages
so relevant if you get the intended output?

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: Confusing level change message, why?
@ 2018-06-17 12:48   ` Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2018-06-17 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 6/17/2018 04:35, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 06/15/2018 11:03 PM, Rik Kabel wrote:
>> The example below is taken from the wiki article "Titles
>> <http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Titles>," with pdf bookmark apparatus
>> prepended and a second chapter added to the bodymatter.
>>
>> In the log, this produces the lines:
>>
>>      backend         > bookmarks > confusing level change at level 3
>>      around '1 body'
>>      backend         > bookmarks > confusing level change at level 3
>>      around 'A appendix'
>>      backend         > bookmarks > confusing level change at level 3
>>      around 'back'
>>
>> That is, one message for each *matter change.
>>
>> What is the meaning of the message, and how can it be removed (short of
>> disabling pdf bookmarks)?
> Hi Rik,
>
> if you disable bookmarks (by commenting
> "\setupinteraction[state=start]"), you won’t get the message.
>
> But I wonder what is the problem besides the log message. From your
> sample, I get a PDF document with all the expected content.
>
> What I am missing from your explanation? Or why are these log messages
> so relevant if you get the intended output?
>
> Pablo

Indeed, Pablo, there is no visible defect in the document.

I wonder if the message should cause concern because I do not know if
there is some other issue that it reflects, perhaps something that is
not visible in the viewed document, but that might impede PDF standards
compliance.

If there is no fault or typesetting problem indicated by the message, I
wonder why it is reported.

Again, if there is no problem, I can add it to my log filtering
routines, but I want to see it if there is something I should do to
eliminate it.

--

@ 2018-06-17 14:25     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2018-06-17 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 6/17/2018 2:48 PM, Rik Kabel wrote:
> On 6/17/2018 04:35, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>> On 06/15/2018 11:03 PM, Rik Kabel wrote:
>>> The example below is taken from the wiki article "Titles
>>> <http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Titles>," with pdf bookmark apparatus
>>> prepended and a second chapter added to the bodymatter.
>>>
>>> In the log, this produces the lines:
>>>
>>>      backend         > bookmarks > confusing level change at level 3
>>>      around '1 body'
>>>      backend         > bookmarks > confusing level change at level 3
>>>      around 'A appendix'
>>>      backend         > bookmarks > confusing level change at level 3
>>>      around 'back'
>>>
>>> That is, one message for each *matter change.
>>>
>>> What is the meaning of the message, and how can it be removed (short of
>>> disabling pdf bookmarks)?
>> Hi Rik,
>>
>> if you disable bookmarks (by commenting
>> "\setupinteraction[state=start]"), you won’t get the message.
>>
>> But I wonder what is the problem besides the log message. From your
>> sample, I get a PDF document with all the expected content.
>>
>> What I am missing from your explanation? Or why are these log messages
>> so relevant if you get the intended output?
>>
>> Pablo
>
> Indeed, Pablo, there is no visible defect in the document.
>
> I wonder if the message should cause concern because I do not know if
> there is some other issue that it reflects, perhaps something that is
> not visible in the viewed document, but that might impede PDF standards
> compliance.
>
> If there is no fault or typesetting problem indicated by the message, I
> wonder why it is reported.
>
> Again, if there is no problem, I can add it to my log filtering
> routines, but I want to see it if there is something I should do to
> eliminate it.
it's just part of the check .. if you use for instance \section{foo}
instead of \startsecction there is some guesswork

Hans