* ppchtex english manual and context update
@ 1998-05-01 16:14 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1998-05-01 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Erik and others,

I've just updated some files on Eriks ftp server. (Erik: I removed the
files directory; can you download the files to the ntg server; I changed
some more, so just delete the old zipped directory first? The
documentation/manual directory only has one new file: mp-ch-en.pdf;
later this day I'll update the qrc directory).

The changes concern:

- the english ppchtex manual: both in dvi and pdf format (pman-en.zip)
- the context source files: now cont-tex.zip (replaces context.zip)
- some context modules (presentation and faq styles): cont-mod.zip
- the new texutil.pl program (replaces texutil.exe)

Please let me know if there are problems.

Currently we're discussing more advanced font support. Apart from
discussing alternative and more robust map file syntaxes, I don't want
tex users to get frustrated by fonts (the real tex mess). Currently one
can say:

\setupbodyfont[psfonts]

and given that psfonts.map is in the path, the right files get loaded
(apart from all kind of advanced slanted alternatives). Take a look at
for instance font-ptr to see how things currently are defined. One can
also say:

\setupbodyfont[kb]

see font-kb.tex for the naming.

Feel free to discuss these things here!

Currently I'm building a publishing on demand document using the pdf
field mechanism and javascript. When I'm satisfied with the field and js
support (it takes some experimenting to find the right/useful setup
commands). The calculator demo (you can download that one) shows the
integration of tex/metapost/javascript/fields. Our plans are in the next
few years to let context evolve (without of course giving in on quality)
in a full featured authoring environment (e.g. suitable for intelligent
documents, computer assisted learning etc). In our opinion high quality
documents give a nice starting point!

Hans

                                              Hans Hagen | PRAGMA
    tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | mail: pragma@pi.net

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-05-01 16:14 UTC | newest]