From: Tobias Burnus <burnus@berlin1.netsurf.de>
Cc: "'Hans Hagen'" <pragma@pi.net>, TEX-NL <TEX-NL@NIC.SURFNET.NL>,
	NTG-CONTEXT <ntg-context@ntg.nl>,
	Thomas Esser <te@informatik.uni-hannover.de>
Subject: Re: Context
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 19:36:34 +0200	[thread overview]

Berend de Boer wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 12, 1998 9:04 AM, Hans Hagen [SMTP:pragma@pi.net] wrote:
>
> > > Ik draai TeTeX [Linux], kan iemand mij uitleggen wat ik nu precies moet
> > > doen om Context uit te proberen? De installatie-pdf vind ik verre van
> > > duidelijk.
>
> The problem with TeTeX is that I don't know how to enlarge it. If you use
> web2c it's no problem. With the next TeX Live CD ConTeXt will even be
> preinstalled. If you know how to enlarge tex you're almost done.

Using teTeX 0.4 you have to re-compile it. -- See
http://frambach.eco.rug.nl/pragma/document/general/faqs/fh-ch-nl.htm#TETEX
or
http://frambach.eco.rug.nl/pragma/document/general/faqs/fh-ch-en.htm#TETEX

But I think using teTeX 0.9 is better, it is still beta, but it runs
quite stable.

ftp://ftp.informatik.uni-hannover.de/home/te/private/.0.9/

Using this teTeX version (which is based on Web2c 7.2) you can simply
addapt the values in the texmf.cnf file, which is AFAIK located in the
teTeX/texmf/web2c directory. You might use the values suggested in the
PPCHTeX-FAQ (see above).

Tobias

[Thomas: You might concider to integrate context into the present
beta-0.9 texmf. Presently, there are only generic files (from CTAN I
guess). Have a look at: http://frambach.eco.rug.nl/pragma/download.htm ]