* Cross-links that maintain the zoom factor
@ 2002-02-15 14:39 Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-02-15 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

some time ago I asked if there was a way to make sure that
hyperlinks maintained the current zoom factor, rather than
switching to 'Fit'.

For those interested, the proper way to set it up is by:

\setupinteraction[focus=standard]

BUT!!!

My ConTeXt has this feature disabled, at least for the PDF
specials: the call for 'standard' is commented out. You can
uncomment it to enable it, and you don't even need to regenerate
the format. Note that there is a bug, though. spec-fdf.tex reads:

%   \v!standaard=>\def\PDFpageviewkey{  xyz 0 0 0}%
%                 \def\PDFpageviewwrd{ /XYZ 0 0 0},

while it should be without those 0's:

    \v!standaard=>\def\PDFpageviewkey{  xyz}%
                  \def\PDFpageviewwrd{ /XYZ},

This seems to work correctly, at least with my Adobe Acrobat 4.05;

The only 'quirk' is that the destination coordinates are those of
the bottom left corner, while they should point to the upper left
corner of the rectangle. This is a pdfTeX problem (it happens e.g.
also when compiling WEB sources); I think it should add
(subtract?) the baselineskip to the marked position. Hans, we
should discuss this with Hahn The Tahn.

Also, note that this sets the default zoom level for
*destinations*. But PDF also allows to choose the zoom level on
the *link* side, and in this case the zoom level specified by the
link overrides the destination's zoom level. Does ConTeXt allow to
set the zoom level on the link side?

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: Cross-links that maintain the zoom factor
@ 2002-03-08 20:02 ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-03-08 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Friday, February 15, 2002 I wrote:

GB> spec-fdf.tex reads:

GB> %   \v!standaard=>\def\PDFpageviewkey{  xyz 0 0 0}%
GB> %                 \def\PDFpageviewwrd{ /XYZ 0 0 0},

GB> while it should be without those 0's:

GB>     \v!standaard=>\def\PDFpageviewkey{  xyz}%
GB>                   \def\PDFpageviewwrd{ /XYZ},

GB> This seems to work correctly, at least with my Adobe Acrobat 4.05;

GB> The only 'quirk' is that the destination coordinates are those of
GB> the bottom left corner, while they should point to the upper left
GB> corner of the rectangle. This is a pdfTeX problem (it happens e.g.
GB> also when compiling WEB sources); I think it should add
GB> (subtract?) the baselineskip to the marked position.

Hans, considering that the other views (fit, fith, fitv) are not
affected by this, I believe ConTeXt should *by default* set the link
target to be at the upper-left corner of the box, whichever view
is chosen.

This is especially true for sectioning commands: the target should
be set *right before* the typesetting of the title (possibly after
starting the new page if requested).

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta