* Re: Context overzetten naar TeTeX-tree
@ 1998-06-19  8:23 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1998-06-19  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: NTG-CONTEXT

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> >   #!/bin/sh
> >   pdftex -fmt=`basename $0` -progname=context "$@"
> >
> > That would allow to do:
> >   cont-nl -ini cont-nl
> >   cont-nl somefile
>
> The idea looks very smart to me, but a tiny C wrapper is probably
> better because the win32 web2c doesn't have /bin/sh. Also, I am
> wondering whether Hans can give us a calling convention for the
> various format files/executables:
>
>         tex     cont-nl   ??
>         etex    econt-nl  ??
>         pdftex  pcont-nl  ??

I'm not sure, but doesn't etex generate .efmt?

> I have all of those, and these happen to be the names I use, but if
> Hans has a different scheme at Pragma I'd prefer to use that.

I'm working on something:

>texexec --help

TeXExec 1.01 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA 1997-1998

            --language   main hyphenation language
              --output   specials to use
               --print   page imposition scheme
               --paper   paper input and output format
           --interface   user interface

>texexec --help print

TeXExec 1.01 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA 1997-1998

               --print   page imposition scheme
                           =up : 2 pages per sheet doublesided
                           =down : 2 rotated pages per sheet doublesided

etc etc

This perl script generates an appropriate cont-set.tex file that is read
at runtime (you can already try this).

Because I use texedit, I can say:

  set format=cont-en

or

  set format=plain

or whatever, before starting.

It seems that web2c supports something

%& cont-en   % first line in file

but I didn't test it yet.

I'm a bit busy (some deadlines already passed), buy I'll work on it.

Hans

                                              Hans Hagen | PRAGMA
    tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | mail: pragma@pi.net

* Re: Context overzetten naar TeTeX-tree
@ 1998-06-19  5:46 Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 1998-06-19  5:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

>   #!/bin/sh
>   pdftex -fmt=`basename $0` -progname=context "$@"
>
> That would allow to do:
>   cont-nl -ini cont-nl
>   cont-nl somefile

The idea looks very smart to me, but a tiny C wrapper is probably
better because the win32 web2c doesn't have /bin/sh. Also, I am
wondering whether Hans can give us a calling convention for the
various format files/executables:

        tex     cont-nl   ??
	etex    econt-nl  ??
        pdftex  pcont-nl  ??

I have all of those, and these happen to be the names I use, but if
Hans has a different scheme at Pragma I'd prefer to use that.

Taco