* Re: Table support in ConTeXt
@ 1998-06-24 21:54 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1998-06-24 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: 'ntg-context@ntg.nl'

Berend de Boer wrote:

> Also I noticed some odd behaviour. In the first line of the table I had
> something like:
>
> \RL\SR
> \VL \vbox{\hsize=2cm Test test test}\VL
> \HL
>
> The color extended only to the first line, not to the other lines in this
> par. Is there an explanation how color works and what surprises there are?

Hm. I'll have to look into that one. Currently color only handles height
of \MR/\FR/\LR/\SR and alike. Color is very tricky in tables, because
one has no access to the cell info (this is on the etex wish list). I
suggest you split the lines manually. Another way out is

\startbuffer[funny]
\framed[width=2cm,height=fit,background=color,backgroundcolor=red]{Test
...}
\stopbuffer

\VL \getbuffer \VL etc

(Color in tables uses some rather dirty tricks and is sort of tex
hacking to the max. The sort nobody longs to. TeX is not perfect!)

Hans

                                              Hans Hagen | PRAGMA
    tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | mail: pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Table support in ConTeXt
@ 1998-06-23  6:14 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1998-06-23  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Berend de Boer, 'ntg-context@ntg.nl'

Tobias Burnus wrote:

> Berend de Boer wrote:
> >
> > Hai All,
> >
> > I need something like LaTeX's longtable in ConTeXt, so a table should start
> > here and continue accross pages. So I need a nonfloating table. Is that
> > possible with \starttabel or do I need something else?
>
> If I remember correctly you need \starttables instead. (I'm not 100%
> sure whether this is the correct command, but it should be.)

Right.

> It is also possible to setup a header and a footer which are repeated on

in dutch:

\starttabelkop
\stoptabelkop

\starttabelstaart
\stoptabelstaart

\starttabellen[....]
\stoptabellen

> every page. This tables environment works quite well, but the last time
> I used it it still had some bugs (mainly slightly too long tables on
> some pages of some tables).

It's not that easy to implement but eventyually it will be ok I guess.
At least expermentally it's also possible to get the captions right.

@ 1998-06-22 20:47 Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 1998-06-22 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: 'ntg-context@ntg.nl'

Berend de Boer wrote:

> Hai All,
>
> I need something like LaTeX's longtable in ConTeXt, so a table should start
> here and continue accross pages. So I need a nonfloating table. Is that
> possible with \starttabel or do I need something else?

If I remember correctly you need \starttables instead. (I'm not 100%
sure whether this is the correct command, but it should be.)
It is also possible to setup a header and a footer which are repeated on
every page. This tables environment works quite well, but the last time
I used it it still had some bugs (mainly slightly too long tables on
some pages of some tables).

Tobias

* Table support in ConTeXt
@ 1998-06-22 18:01 Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 1998-06-22 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hai All,

I need something like LaTeX's longtable in ConTeXt, so a table should start
here and continue accross pages. So I need a nonfloating table. Is that
possible with \starttabel or do I need something else?

I also want colums with a fixed with, not width a minimum width is that
possible?

Also I noticed some odd behaviour. In the first line of the table I had
something like:

\RL\SR
\VL \vbox{\hsize=2cm Test test test}\VL
\HL

The color extended only to the first line, not to the other lines in this
par. Is there an explanation how color works and what surprises there are?

Groetjes,

Berend.