* Re: White space between *items* in \startopsomming
@ 1998-07-07  7:36 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1998-07-07  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: 'ntg-context@ntg.nl'

Berend de Boer wrote:

> How can I influence white space between items (\som) within \startopsomming..\stopopsomming?
>
> It seems that the white space settings influence parskip. I only want some space before every \som, but not within som's paragraph's. How?

This is exactly why we started writing context! We needed lots of
itemizations. So you can bet that much is supported

\stelopsommingin[elk][opelkaar,autointro]

(or in english: \setupitemize[each][packed,autointro])

\startopsomming
\som eerste
\som tweede
\stopopsomming

You can also directly say:

\startopsomming[opelkaar]

With elk/each you tell context to apply this at each level (you can set
the maximum level if needed, currently 6).

The autointro is another example of a switch. It keeps one liners to the
list, so yuou don't end up with

bla bla bla:
- first
- second

There are many tricks in itemizations, like:

\startopsomming[breedte=8em,afstand=2em,items=4]
\its Ik kan \TeX\ niet missen.
\its Ik zal altijd \TeX\ blijven gebruiken.
\its Ik verwacht binnen enkele jaren een redelijk alternatief.
\its Ik gebruik naast \TeX\ ook andere zet|/|opmaakpakketten.
\its Ik gebruik \TeX\ nauwelijks.
\its Ik ben op zoek naar een ander systeem.
\stopopsomming

As said, opsommingen are among the oldest constructs in context. Now one
should watch out for another feature:

**** itemizations are optimized in a second pass ****

This means that when you have large ones and add one more item or add a
whole new itemization, the rest can come out breaked wrong, but the next
pass is ok. ConTeXt keeps the first two and last two (or all three)
lines together (that is, when you use [packed] of course).

There are some more two pass optimizations, guess where ...

Hans

Hans

                                              Hans Hagen | PRAGMA
    tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | mail: pragma@wxs.nl

* White space between *items* in \startopsomming
@ 1998-07-06 18:15 Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 1998-07-06 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hai All,

How can I influence white space between items (\som) within \startopsomming..\stopopsomming?

It seems that the white space settings influence parskip. I only want some space before every \som, but not within som's paragraph's. How?

Groetjes,

Berend.