* Cut marks + alignment marks
@ 2010-02-16  9:42 Jean-Philippe Rey
From: Jean-Philippe Rey @ 2010-02-16  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello everybody,

I am using the imposition feature of ConTeXt which is very nice.
\setuplayout[marking=on] allows me to print cut marks, but this
doesn't produce alignment marks. Is there an option to print, along
cut marks, traditional alignement marks (hirondelles in French), i.e.
cross hairs in a circle exactly positioned at the middle of each four
paper sides.

Thanks for your answers.

--
Jean-Philippe Rey                 Professeur - École Centrale Paris
jean-philippe.rey@ecp.fr          92295 Châtenay-Malabry Cedex - France

* Re: Cut marks + alignment marks
@ 2010-02-16 10:04 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2010-02-16 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Feb 16, 2010, at 10:42 AM, Jean-Philippe Rey wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I am using the imposition feature of ConTeXt which is very nice. \setuplayout[marking=on] allows me to print cut marks, but this doesn't produce alignment marks. Is there an option to print, along cut marks, traditional alignement marks (hirondelles in French), i.e. cross hairs in a circle exactly positioned at the middle of each four paper sides.
>
> Thanks for your answers.

Are you looking for something like this? Willi Eggers and I have written a module to support this, but haven't released it yet. If this is what you're looking for, I can send you the file.

Thomas

[-- Attachment #2: crop.pdf --]

* Re: Cut marks + alignment marks
@ 2010-02-17  9:43   ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2010-02-17  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 16.02.2010 11:04, schrieb Thomas A. Schmitz:

> On Feb 16, 2010, at 10:42 AM, Jean-Philippe Rey wrote:
>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I am using the imposition feature of ConTeXt which is very nice. \setuplayout[marking=on] allows me to print cut marks, but this doesn't produce alignment marks. Is there an option to print, along cut marks, traditional alignement marks (hirondelles in French), i.e. cross hairs in a circle exactly positioned at the middle of each four paper sides.
>>
>> Thanks for your answers.
>
> Are you looking for something like this? Willi Eggers and I have written a module to support this, but haven't released it yet. If this is what you're looking for, I can send you the file.

Hi Thomas,

+1

I recently bought a used paper cutter and duplex unit for my printer.
Now I'm in need of some nice marks to feed them. 8-)

Greetings, Peter

@ 2010-02-17 16:28   ` Jean-Philippe Rey
From: Jean-Philippe Rey @ 2010-02-17 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 16 févr. 10 à 11:04, Thomas A. Schmitz a écrit :

> On Feb 16, 2010, at 10:42 AM, Jean-Philippe Rey wrote:
>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I am using the imposition feature of ConTeXt which is very nice.
>> \setuplayout[marking=on] allows me to print cut marks, but this
>> doesn't produce alignment marks. Is there an option to print, along
>> cut marks, traditional alignement marks (hirondelles in French),
>> i.e. cross hairs in a circle exactly positioned at the middle of
>> each four paper sides.
>>
>> Thanks for your answers.
>
> Are you looking for something like this? Willi Eggers and I have
> written a module to support this, but haven't released it yet. If
> this is what you're looking for, I can send you the file.

That's exactly what I'm looking for. I am very interested by your
module and waiting eagerly for your file :-)

Thank you very much.