* Re: anfaengers antworte
@ 1998-08-03  8:13 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1998-08-03  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Frans Goddijn wrote:

>  "HD> - de eerste regel (Kwaliteitsdienst)
>  "HD>   begint 60mm onder de bovenrand van het papier; hoe maak ik daar
>  "HD> 20mm   van? Ik dacht het met die voffset te doen, maar die doet
>  "HD> niets.

Never use the wierd TeX registers \voffset and \hoffset, these are messy
and make dvi drivers crazy.

> I managed to narrow it down to 22 millimeters!

Now what will you achieve. First, when designing a layout, say
\showframe.

When you want to change the document layout dimensions, use
\setuplayout.

When you want to get rid of head/foot lines, use \setupheader[state=..],
also available when you use \startstandardmakeup[headerstate=none] (for
example).

> Play around with this in your opening lines of the .TEX code (I took yours
> and changed them:)
>
> \setuppagenumbering[style=oldstyle]
> \language[nl]
> \starttext\setupbodyfont[sansserif,11pt]

Put all setups before \starttext (not needed, but prefered).

> % and I temporarily deleted these, which I think you could delete
> %\setupmakeup[width=160mm,height=260mm,voffset=-40mm]

More easy (no hardcoded numbers)

  \startstandardmakeup[headerstate=none]

(BEWARE: I just say that in mult-con.tex I say headerstatus instead of
headerstate, please change this type and regenerate a format! Else, for
the moment say:

  headerstatus=none % next release this will be corrected

Sorry for the inconvenience.

HAns

                                              Hans Hagen | PRAGMA
    tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | mail: pragma@wxs.nl

* anfaengers antworte
@ 1998-08-02 17:28 Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 1998-08-02 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

said "W.H. Dekker"  to All:

 "HD> - de eerste regel (Kwaliteitsdienst)
 "HD>   begint 60mm onder de bovenrand van het papier; hoe maak ik daar
 "HD> 20mm   van? Ik dacht het met die voffset te doen, maar die doet
 "HD> niets.

I managed to narrow it down to 22 millimeters!

Play around with this in your opening lines of the .TEX code (I took yours
and changed them:)

\setuppagenumbering[style=oldstyle]
\language[nl]
\starttext\setupbodyfont[sansserif,11pt]

% I added these lines:
\setuppapersize[A4]
\setuplayout[topspace=0cm,
             header=0cm]

% and I temporarily deleted these, which I think you could delete
%\setupmakeup[width=160mm,height=260mm,voffset=-40mm]

% following three lines provide good check of page layout:
% which you can comment out once you're happy with your settings
\toonkader
\tooninstellingen
\pagina

\startstandardmakeup

% [...] the rest unchanged up to:

\stoptext

Met hartelijke groet!

 Frans Goddijn   | bbs: +31 (0)26 3217041
 Postbus 30196   | email: fg@fgbbs.iaf.nl
 6803 AD Arnhem  | tel: +31 (0)26 3219342
 The Netherlands | http://www.iaf.nl/Users/Meridian
--
You are what you is