* Re: using more than one language interface
@ 1998-09-29 15:24 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1998-09-29 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Markus wrote:

> I would like to use English commands and German expressions (for
> 'Literaturverzeichnis' instead of 'References', 'Inhaltsverzeichnis'
> instead of
> 'Table Of Contents' etc.).
> Is there any way?

Sure, say:

  \mainlanguage[de]

and the job is done. Thanks to Tobias Burnus (de) many other languages
are supported.

BTW, \language[de] only switches the hyphenation language.

You can automatically achieve this by adding \mainlanguage[de] to the
file cont-sys.tex in the context path (or whatever path tex searches)
and, just like \setupoutput[dvips] or \setupoutput[pdftex] or
\setupcolors[state=start] etc etc.

> (Maybe it is an uncommon question or seems to be even kind of stupid, but ...)

> PS. Is there any (more or less) complete manual for ConTeXt in English apart
> from the Beginners' Guide?

We are working on that. Once you know how thinks work, you can try to
use the qrc documents; they tell you all key/value's . Furthermore,
simply ask,

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
    tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | mail: pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: using more than one language interface
@ 2002-10-23 16:37 Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen
From: Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen @ 2002-10-23 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hi,
>
> I just wonder if it is possible to use more than one language (command)
> interface with ConTeXt at the same time?

I don't think that is possible, but Hans (or perhaps Taco) can give you
more detailed info on this.

Why do you need it I ask? The only thing I can imagine is that you have
documents written in different CONTEXT language (for instance english
and dutch), and you'd like to combine them.

There is a perl script that gives you the translations, and if you
program yourself a bit, it would be reasonably easy to create a
translator, for converting an english-interface context document to a
dutch-interface document, given it has a reasonably clean syntax.

Gilbert.

* Re: using more than one language interface
@ 1998-09-29  8:40 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1998-09-29  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Markus wrote:

> I just wonder if it is possible to use more than one language (command)
> interface with ConTeXt at the same time?

Yes and No. It depends on what you want to do. Currently much low level
things are dutch, but I'm changing that to english. If you want to make
a style for all interfaces, you should use

\unprotect .... [\c!key=\v!value,...] ... \protect

but unfortunately the defs must be dutch.

What is it that you want to achieve?

You can read more about the things involved in interfacing (and the
related problems) in mult-ini.tex.

(Switching is technically possible, but currently slows up things too
much.)

BTW, you *can* mix up interface and messages, like dutch interface and
english messages.

@ 1998-09-28 18:38 Markus
From: Markus @ 1998-09-28 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I just wonder if it is possible to use more than one language (command)
interface with ConTeXt at the same time?

Thanks
Markus