On Jan 11, 2008 9:17 PM, Idris Samawi Hamid wrote: > Hi Pascal, > > On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 12:38:00 -0700, Pascal de Bruijn > wrote: > > > On Jan 11, 2008 8:25 PM, Taco Hoekwater wrote: > > > >> Pascal de Bruijn wrote: > >> > > >> > Does anybody have a clue why the first define went sour? Which tool > is > >> used > >> > to extract the metadata from the .pfb files? > >> > >> Looks like a typing error in the pfb rename of 0018a___.pfb: it should > >> be named zhum601bi.pfb (note the 'm'). > > > > > > Is renaming required? I got the fonts from a CorelDRAW cdrom. I used > the > > files as is. > > > > Anyway other font collections also have deviating filenames, and they > > work > > just fine. > > In my experience, you have to get the coordination between pfb and tfm > exactly right. Things are case sensitive etc... I'm sure there's just a > typo or mismatch somewhere I renamed all the fonts according to: http://www.tug.org/fontname/html/Bitstream-fonts.html#Bitstream-fonts I did this using a script, so there very little chance of error. >>> Also, I'm currently installing in ~/texmf, however, say I'd want to > >>> makethese fonts available system-wide, what would be the correct place > >>> to movethem? > > Better to put them in texmf-local or, even better, texmf-project (may have > to edit setuptex.bat in that case). I NEVER install anything in texmf if I > can help it. > > See also the MyWay I wrote on this topic, maybe something in there will > help. > I'll take a look at it tomorrow. Regards, Pascal de Bruijn