* Re: \zieindex is wrong
@ 1998-10-05 10:18 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1998-10-05 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: 'ntg-context@ntg.nl'

Berend de Boer wrote:

> Using \zieindex (\seeindex probably in the english interface) doesn't work.

Ha, got me! I never use that one myself. When I slightly optimized the
register mechanism something must have crept in.

(1) In core-01a.tex search for:

\def\dosetpageregister#1%

And change:

   \setvalue{#1\s!see}##1##2%
     {\doifreglevelelse[##2::0]
        {{\global\utilitydonetrue
          \c!entryletter
          \endgraf
          \iffirstregisterpage
            \noindent\hskip\getvalue{\??id#1\c!afstand}%
          \fi
          \sl\e!zie: ##1}}
        {}}%

I hope this solves all problems.

BTW, when I come to cleaning up the register mechanism, I'll add some
more controll over typography as well as ranges.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
    tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | mail: pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: \zieindex is wrong
@ 2002-10-23 16:37 Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen
From: Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen @ 2002-10-23 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hai all,
>
> Using \zieindex (\seeindex probably in the english interface) doesn't work.

I tried some things too, and I guess you're right.

I guess Hans doesn't use \seeXXX to often, so I can't provide any
solution (yet).

Gilbert.

* Re: \zieindex is wrong
@ 1998-10-07 10:21 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1998-10-07 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Berend de Boer wrote:

> On Monday, October 05, 1998 12:19 PM, Hans Hagen [SMTP:pragma@wxs.nl] wrote:
>
> > > Using \zieindex (\seeindex probably in the english interface) doesn't work.
> >
> > \def\dosetpageregister#1%
> >

> > And change:

> It doesn't work. There are two problems:
>
> 1. The problem is that if the \seeindex is the only entry for a character, the main character is not listed.
>
> 2. The 'other entry' is not listed, I only get
>
>                 zie: test
>
>    I would expect:
>
>                 hello world
>                         zie: test
>
> As an example see this one:
>
> \starttekst
> \zieindex{hello world}{test}
> \volledigeindex
> \stoptekst
>
> If you have the correct index with this entry you have solved the problems.

Ok then, substitute this one in core-01a.tex:

   \setvalue{#1\s!see}##1##2%
     {\doifreglevelelse[##2::0]
        {{\global\utilitydonetrue
          \def\dohandleregisterentry####1% dubbelop
            {\getvalue{\??id#1\c!tekstcommando}{####1}}%
          \ifcase\currententrylevel % \e!zie must be label
            \getvalue{#1\s!entrya}{\sl\e!zie\space##1}%
          \or
            \getvalue{#1\s!entryb}{\sl\e!zie\space##1}%
          \or
            \getvalue{#1\s!entryc}{\sl\e!zie\space##1}%
          \fi
          \c!entryletter\c!entrya\c!entryb\c!entryc
          \global\let\c!entrya=\relax
          \global\let\c!entryb=\relax
          \global\let\c!entryc=\relax
          \global\let\c!entryletter=\relax
          \global\firstregisterpagefalse}}
        {}}%

If it still goes wrong, I'll send you the latest release. When I come to
documenting/upgrading the low level index part of context, I'll also add
some style setting options.

@ 1998-10-05 21:43 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1998-10-05 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: 'ntg-context@ntg.nl'

Berend de Boer wrote:

> I'm on the way to use every single feature in context :-)

That you're ahead of me! Wait till the updated reference manual is
available.

> BTW, if you read this tonight:
>
> I've left work with a document which uses parts (\deel{...}). However, the
> contents is wrong as it lists the part number with the page number (things
> like 1-10 or 4-4). I've already tried several settings for \stelnummeringin
> and \stelsamengesteldelijstin, but haven't found the correct one yet.
> What's the setting?

Try things like:

\stellijstin[deel][paginanummer=nee]

\stelsamengesteldelijstin[deelnummer=nee]

You can set up individual list elements as well as all together. Maybe
you also like the undocumented alternatives d/e/f/...

Keep in mind that you can ask for a local table of contents, e.g. each
part its own one, limit the depth, or ask for a specific list. The next
release also supports forward/backward list selection.

(For section titles you can use 'variant=tekst', maybe you like that one
too.)

@ 1998-10-05 17:30 Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 1998-10-05 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: 'ntg-context@ntg.nl'

wrote:

> Ha, got me! I never use that one myself. When I slightly optimized the
> register mechanism something must have crept in.

I'm on the way to use every single feature in context :-)

BTW, if you read this tonight:

I've left work with a document which uses parts (\deel{...}). However, the
contents is wrong as it lists the part number with the page number (things
like 1-10 or 4-4). I've already tried several settings for \stelnummeringin
and \stelsamengesteldelijstin, but haven't found the correct one yet.
What's the setting?

Groetjes,

Berend.

* Re: \zieindex is wrong
@ 1998-10-05 10:49 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1998-10-05 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen wrote:

> > Hai all,
> >
> > Using \zieindex (\seeindex probably in the english interface) doesn't work.
>
> I tried some things too, and I guess you're right.
>
> I guess Hans doesn't use \seeXXX to often, so I can't provide any
> solution (yet).

Well, you can imagine that because one can typeset indexes per
chapter/section etc, an nested entry or title (character) cannot be
typeset when encountered. Therefore these are postponed. The first
'legal' entry must flush those if needed, and that was not done in
processing the \see entry. I probably tested this with 'more' entries,
and because a preceding 'normal' one flushes, this bug did not show up.

Hans

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
    tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | mail: pragma@wxs.nl

* \zieindex is wrong
@ 1998-10-03 18:10 Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 1998-10-03 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hai all,

Using \zieindex (\seeindex probably in the english interface) doesn't work.

Here a sample file:

-----------------
\starttekst

\index{oeps}