* Re: documentatie texexec
@ 1998-11-04  8:12 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1998-11-04  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

W.H. Dekker wrote:

> where  do I find documentation for texexec?
>
> I tried (in linux):
>
> texexec -help
>
> and got:
>
>  TeXExec 1.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA 1997-1998
>
>                warning : ././texexec.ini not found
>
> Is -help not yet implemented?

It is. Currently texexec searches texexec.ini (is in the distribution)
on the path where texexec.pl is present. You need to set up this ini
file (not that hard to do for a perl expert like you).

Recently Thomas Esser and I discussed how to give tex* a place inthe
texmf tree and he proposed a closer integration with web2c (especially
using its path search mechanism). So, in the next tetex release context
will be more integrated than currently. In this respect, suggestions are
welcome.

Furthermore, I suggest to use pdftex instead of normal tex: gives you
dvi and pdf where texexec sorts things out. There is a new update of
pdftex (see www.tug.org) or the tetex update site.

Hans

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
    tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | mail: pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: documentatie texexec
@ 2002-10-23 16:38 Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen
From: Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen @ 2002-10-23 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I then created a ./texexec.ini containing:
> set TeXExecutable   to pdftex
> set TeXFormatPath   to /TeX/texmf/web2c/
> set ConTeXtPath     to /pragma/sources/
>
> and tried again:
>
> /home/wybo/context>texexec t.tex

Leave out the .tex extension, it is not needed.

>  TeXExec 1.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA 1997-1998
>
>                  error : ConTeXtPath set to unknown path /pragma/sources
>             executable : pdftex
>                 format : /TeX/texmf/web2c/cont-nl
>              inputfile : t
>                 output : standard
>              interface : nl
>                TeX run : 1
>
> sh: /TeX/texmf/web2c/cont-nl: No such file or directory

Look at my output:

texexec t

 TeXExec 1.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA 1997-1998

            executable : pdftex
                format : c:/tex/texmf/web2c/cont-nl
             inputfile : t
                output : pdftex
             interface : nl
               TeX run : 1

The error doesn't occur. Contents of texexec.ini:

set UserInterface to nl
set TeXExecutable to pdftex
set TeXFormatPath to c:/tex/texmf/web2c/
set ConTeXtPath   to c:/tex/pragma/sources/
set SetupPath     to c:/tex/pragma/sources/
set OutputFormat  to pdf

Gilbert.

* Re: documentatie texexec
@ 1998-11-04 13:48 W.H. Dekker
From: W.H. Dekker @ 1998-11-04 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hans Hagen wrote:
> CC: ntg-context@ntg.nl
>
> W.H. Dekker wrote:
> >
> > where  do I find documentation for texexec?
> >
> > I tried (in linux):
> >
> > texexec -help
> >
> > and got:
> >
> >  TeXExec 1.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA 1997-1998
> >
> >                warning : ././texexec.ini not found
> >
> > Is -help not yet implemented?
>
> It is. Currently texexec searches texexec.ini (is in the distribution)

Is it? I couldn't find any file texexec.* on the TeXLive3 CD

> on the path where texexec.pl is present. You need to set up this ini
> file (not that hard to do for a perl expert like you).

OK, now I see why I did not understand the message: you give a
warning, and then die. While I thought: this is a warning only, so why
don't I get this help?

So instead of:

else
  { print "               warning : $IniPath not found\n" ;
    exit }

you should write:

else die "               fatal: $IniPath not found\n";

I then created a ./texexec.ini containing:
set TeXExecutable   to pdftex
set TeXFormatPath   to /TeX/texmf/web2c/
set ConTeXtPath     to /pragma/sources/

and tried again:

/home/wybo/context>texexec t.tex

 TeXExec 1.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA 1997-1998

                 error : ConTeXtPath set to unknown path /pragma/sources
            executable : pdftex
                format : /TeX/texmf/web2c/cont-nl
             inputfile : t
                output : standard
             interface : nl
               TeX run : 1

sh: /TeX/texmf/web2c/cont-nl: No such file or directory

              run time : 0
/home/wybo/context>ls /TeX/texmf/web2c/cont-nl*
/TeX/texmf/web2c/cont-nl.fmt
/home/wybo/context>

So texexec doesn't find the format file although it is there!?

(I saw the error about ConTeXtPath but
1. I dont know what this should be and
2. it seems that texexec doesn't use this path.)

--
Hartelijke groet,
Wybo

* Re: documentatie texexec
@ 1998-11-04 11:56 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 1998-11-04 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

 WHD>  TeXExec 1.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA 1997-1998
 WHD>                warning : ././texexec.ini not found
 WHD> Is -help not yet implemented?  -- Kind regards, Wybo

Well, besides Hans' answer: -help is indeed not implemented. Try
texexec --help (uses Getopt:Long)

Taco
--
Taco Hoekwater                                 taco.hoekwater@wkap.nl
Kluwer Academic Publishers                            -- Pre Press --

* documentatie texexec
@ 1998-11-03 23:32 W.H. Dekker