* Re: \ss and german s
@ 1998-12-03 16:46 Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 1998-12-03 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Frans Goddijn wrote:

> How should I have looked up how to typeset the german character for ss, as

Besides \SS you can use "s if you switch to German via \language[de];
this has also
the advantage of using the German hyphenation.
(users of the latest beta version need to use deo for the old German
spelling and
de for the new one.)

Tobias

* Re: \ss and german s
@ 1998-12-03 14:18 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1998-12-03 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frans Goddijn wrote:

> How should I have looked up how to typeset the german character for ss, as
> in "nicht schiessen!" ?
>
> I did \ss but understandably from that point on all text was in sand serif
> font... ;=}

\SS

someday \sf will replace \ss and \ss will be german s,

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
    tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | mail: pragma@wxs.nl

* \ss and german s
@ 1998-12-03 12:54 Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 1998-12-03 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

How should I have looked up how to typeset the german character for ss, as
in "nicht schiessen!" ?

I did \ss but understandably from that point on all text was in sand serif
font... ;=}

I looked in the Context manuals for "special characters" and such but
couldn't find the answer.

Met hartelijke groet!

 Frans Goddijn   | fax: +31 (0)26 3210500
 Postbus 30196   | email: fg@fgbbs.iaf.nl
 6803 AD Arnhem  | tel: +31 (0)26 3219342
 The Netherlands | http://www.iaf.nl/Users/Meridian
--
You are what you is