* No chapter prefixes in section numbers
@ 2011-06-02  0:28 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-06-02  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

I do not want chapter number to be prefixed in section and subsection
numbers. Thus,

\starttext
\chapter{One}
\section{Two}
\subsection{Three}
\stoptext

should give:

1 One
1 Two
1.1 Three

How to achieve that? I tried

\setuphead[section][prefixset=none]

but to no affect.

Aditya

* Re: No chapter prefixes in section numbers
@ 2011-06-02  3:28 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-06-02  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 02.06.2011 um 02:28 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

> Hi,
>
> I do not want chapter number to be prefixed in section and subsection numbers. Thus,
>
> \starttext
> \chapter{One}
> \section{Two}
> \subsection{Three}
> \stoptext
>
> should give:
>
> 1 One
> 1 Two
> 1.1 Three
>
> How to achieve that? I tried
>
> \setuphead[section][prefixset=none]
>
> but to no affect.

\setuphead[section]   [sectionsegments=section]
\setuphead[subsection][sectionsegments=section:subsection]

Prefixes are used from commands which show the section numbers
in front of their own number, e.g. floats or enumerations.

Wolfgang

* Re: No chapter prefixes in section numbers
@ 2011-06-03  4:40   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-06-03  4:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 2 Jun 2011, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 02.06.2011 um 02:28 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I do not want chapter number to be prefixed in section and subsection numbers. Thus,
>>
>> \starttext
>> \chapter{One}
>> \section{Two}
>> \subsection{Three}
>> \stoptext
>>
>> should give:
>>
>> 1 One
>> 1 Two
>> 1.1 Three
>>
>> How to achieve that? I tried
>>
>> \setuphead[section][prefixset=none]
>>
>> but to no affect.
>
> \setuphead[section]   [sectionsegments=section]
> \setuphead[subsection][sectionsegments=section:subsection]

Thanks.

> Prefixes are used from commands which show the section numbers
> in front of their own number, e.g. floats or enumerations.

Ah, that is why strc-sec did not use any prefixset.

@ 2011-06-03 19:43   ` Mathieu DUPONT
From: Mathieu DUPONT @ 2011-06-03 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt

Is there an exhaustive list of all the parameters the \setuphead function can take ?
Neither the 2011 ConTeXt Commands Manual nor the Wiki Command Reference page mention this one (sectionsegments).
Where can I find all the parameters one ConTeXt command can take ?
Thanks for enlightenment !

Mathieu

@ 2011-06-04 12:35     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-06-04 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 03.06.2011 um 21:43 schrieb Mathieu DUPONT:

> Is there an exhaustive list of all the parameters the \setuphead function can take ?
>
> Neither the 2011 ConTeXt Commands Manual nor the Wiki Command Reference page mention this one (sectionsegments).
>
> Where can I find all the parameters one ConTeXt command can take ?

I’m working on a update for the command reference but it will still
take some time unless i have looked in all source files. Even when
i have the list it won’t always help you because the reference is
only a list with all valid keys and values but it doesn’t explain
the meaning of them and how they need to be combined to have
a certain output.

Wolfgang

* Re: No chapter prefixes in section numbers
@ 2011-06-05 23:20       ` Mathieu Dupont
From: Mathieu Dupont @ 2011-06-05 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt

Ok, thank you very much for the great work Wolfgang !
For now I guess I could look at the source code of a command to find out its properties (I am not familiar with TeX but maybe I can figure out a few things).
I tried http://source.contextgarden.net/ but I can't find out how to find the script of a command.
Can you help me out ?
Thanks !

Mathieu

From: schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 14:35:04 +0200
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: [NTG-context] No chapter prefixes in section numbers

Am 03.06.2011 um 21:43 schrieb Mathieu DUPONT:Is there an exhaustive list of all the parameters the \setuphead function can take ?

@ 2011-06-06 10:44         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-06-06 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 06.06.2011 um 01:20 schrieb Mathieu Dupont:

> Ok, thank you very much for the great work Wolfgang !
>
> For now I guess I could look at the source code of a command to find out its properties (I am not familiar with TeX but maybe I can figure out a few things).

Yes but it isn’t so easy as you thing because you have know first if the requested command was generated (in your case with \definehead) or coded without intermediate commands. Then you have to follow all dependencies of the command to find more keys and at least the valid arguments for them. If this would be easy my new command reference would have been already finished but it takes often a lot of time to write the complete description for a command.

Wolfgang

* Re: No chapter prefixes in section numbers
@ 2011-06-19  8:02     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-06-19  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 03.06.2011 um 21:43 schrieb Mathieu DUPONT:

> Is there an exhaustive list of all the parameters the \setuphead function can take ?
>
> Neither the 2011 ConTeXt Commands Manual nor the Wiki Command Reference page mention this one (sectionsegments).
>
> Where can I find all the parameters one ConTeXt command can take ?

I attached a updated list with a valid parameters for \setuphead and \startchapter, you can use it to update the wiki.

Wolfgang

[-- Attachment #1.2.1: Type: text/html, Size: 1432 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2.2: reference.pdf --]

[-- Attachment #1.2.3: Type: text/html, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: No chapter prefixes in section numbers
@ 2011-06-19 23:42       ` Mathieu Dupont
From: Mathieu Dupont @ 2011-06-19 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: schuster.wolfgang, ConTeXt

Thanks !
It's done, except for \startchapter, as I did not figure out how to create a new page...

Mathieu