* References with forms
@ 1999-02-03 19:32 Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen
From: Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen @ 1999-02-03 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,

I am having trouble with fields and references. I want to do this:

  \definefield[test] [..... the usual blabla]

  \setupfield[test][clickin=PrintDocument]

  \field[test]

But context complains:

  Unknown reference PrintDocument

Why? PrintDocument can normally be used:

  \goto{Print this lovely document}[PrintDocument]

and the docu says that `clickin' expects a reference (like JS(printit) or
something like that). O yeah, the javascript stuff works fine, but the
finally generated document **must** be compatible with the old forms
plug-in.

Note: I do not wish to use the \goto syntax, because the \field stuff allows
me to put a field *out-side* my page border which is visible (though the
ConTeXt generated text and graphics is clipped away).

Gilbert.
---
As you can see, our new email server is up, so my email changed into:
gilbert@login-bv.com

But the old one will do too.

* Re: References with forms
@ 1999-02-04 11:22 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-02-04 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen wrote:

> I am having trouble with fields and references. I want to do this:
>
>   \definefield[test] [..... the usual blabla]
>
>   \setupfield[test][clickin=PrintDocument]
>
>   \field[test]
>
> But context complains:
>
>   Unknown reference PrintDocument
>
> Why? PrintDocument can normally be used:
>
>   \goto{Print this lovely document}[PrintDocument]
>
> and the docu says that `clickin' expects a reference (like JS(printit) or
> something like that). O yeah, the javascript stuff works fine, but the
> finally generated document **must** be compatible with the old forms
> plug-in.

The clickin etc keys concern events, so it must be something JavaScript
and not some named action. So, you have to use javascripts here.

You can take a look at java-fil.tex, which shows you how to print only
the current page or a page range.  That file also shows you some tricks,
like logical references (you can change the meaning halfway a document)
and the feature that context automatically picks up function definitions
from preambles. Saves some typing.

> Note: I do not wish to use the \goto syntax, because the \field stuff allows
> me to put a field *out-side* my page border which is visible (though the
> ConTeXt generated text and graphics is clipped away).

(I'm not sure what you mean, but beware of tricky undocumented pdf
things.)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
    tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | mail: pragma@wxs.nl