* ConTeXt: bold (italic) greek letters
@ 1999-02-26 14:46 Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 1999-02-26 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

how can I optain bold (italic) greek letters in math mode, I tried
\bf \bi \bs (and some more) without success.

(http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?keyword=&question=88
provided me with a LaTeX solution, but this cannot simply transfered to
ConTeXt unfortually)

Tobias

PS: Is it presently possible to adjust the `stopper' in itemize? I would
like to use [g] (Greek letters) or [a] (roman letters) with `)' instead
of `.':  a), \alpha)  and 1. look in my opinion better than a.  \alpha.
and 1)  [Well the last one isn't the problem ;-) ]

* Re: ConTeXt: bold (italic) greek letters
@ 1999-02-27 10:48 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 1999-02-27 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: NTG-ConTeXt, Hans Hagen

 TB> Hi, how can I optain bold (italic) greek letters in math mode, I
 TB> tried \bf \bi \bs (and some more) without success.

 TB> (http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?keyword=&question=88
 TB> provided me with a LaTeX solution, but this cannot simply
 TB> transfered to ConTeXt unfortually)

Unprovided functionality for now. A little hack will do the trick:

\definebodyfont[10pt][mm]
	[mi=cmmib10]

etc... for all other needed pointsizes as well of course (and check
which font setup you are using)

remember to restore the old version afterwards, if needed.

Taco

--
Taco Hoekwater                                 taco.hoekwater@wkap.nl
Kluwer Academic Publishers                            -- Pre Press --

* Re: ConTeXt: bold (italic) greek letters
@ 1999-02-27 14:32   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-02-27 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Unprovided functionality for now. A little hack will do the trick:
>
> \definebodyfont[10pt][mm]
>         [mi=cmmib10]

(add \setupbodyfont if needed, because definitions do not invoke setting
the families)

>  TB> PS: Is it presently possible to adjust the `stopper' in itemize?
>  TB> I would like to use [g] (Greek letters) or [a] (roman letters)
>  TB> with `)' instead of `.': a), \alpha) and 1. look in my opinion
>  TB> better than a.  \alpha.  and 1) [Well the last one isn't the
>  TB> problem ;-) ]

That's why \setupitemize lets you set

 plaatsafsluiter/placestopper/setzetrenner

to no. Either globally, or at every level, or at a specific location.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
    tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | mail: pragma@wxs.nl

                     ConTeXt and PPCHTeX site: www.ntg.nl/context