* install beta
@ 2010-09-13 13:30 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2010-09-13 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

I didn't update my context beta for some time and now I seem to have missed an important(?) change. This is my current installation script and running it always worked without a hitch:

#!/bin/bash
CONTEXTVERSION="beta"
CONTEXTDIRECTORY=/Volumes/ALDARAN/TeX/ConTeXt/$CONTEXTVERSION
rm -rf $CONTEXTDIRECTORY-old
mv -n $CONTEXTDIRECTORY $CONTEXTDIRECTORY-old
mkdir -p $CONTEXTDIRECTORY/tex
cd $CONTEXTDIRECTORY
ln -s $HOME/Library/texmf tex/texmf-local
curl -o first-setup.sh http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/first-setup.sh
sh ./first-setup.sh >first-setup.log
cd tex
echo "luatools --selfupdate"
luatools --selfupdate
echo "mtxrun -selfupdate"
mtxrun -selfupdate
echo "installation context $CONTEXTVERSION minimals done"

However today the following error messages appear:

luatools --selfupdate
/Users/hans/Bin/contextbeta: line 13: luatools: command not found
mtxrun -selfupdate
/Users/hans/Bin/contextbeta: line 15: mtxrun: command not found
installation context beta minimals done

Am I missing something important here?  Help would be appreciated.

Hans van der Meer

* Re: install beta
@ 2010-09-13 21:43 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-09-13 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 15:30, Hans van der Meer wrote:
> I didn't update my context beta for some time and now I seem to have missed an important(?) change. This is my current installation script and running it always worked without a hitch:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> CONTEXTVERSION="beta"
> CONTEXTDIRECTORY=/Volumes/ALDARAN/TeX/ConTeXt/$CONTEXTVERSION
> rm -rf $CONTEXTDIRECTORY-old
> mv -n $CONTEXTDIRECTORY $CONTEXTDIRECTORY-old
> mkdir -p $CONTEXTDIRECTORY/tex
> cd $CONTEXTDIRECTORY
> ln -s $HOME/Library/texmf tex/texmf-local
> curl -o first-setup.sh http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/first-setup.sh
> sh ./first-setup.sh >first-setup.log
> cd tex
> echo "luatools --selfupdate"
> luatools --selfupdate
> echo "mtxrun -selfupdate"
> mtxrun -selfupdate
> echo "installation context $CONTEXTVERSION minimals done"
>
> However today the following error messages appear:
>
> luatools --selfupdate
> /Users/hans/Bin/contextbeta: line 13: luatools: command not found

Do you run setuptex or set up the path explicitly? I don't see that
happen in your script. You need to have tex/texmf-youros/bin in PATH
before you run luatools.

Mojca

* Re: install beta
@ 2010-09-14  8:05   ` Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2010-09-14  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca,

Thanks for the reminder, it did the trick.
Cause of confusion: my machine changed from PowerPC to Intel Mac. Thus texmf-osx-64 instead of texmf-osx-ppc as the program directory. Silly of me, must be old age ;-)

Hans van der Meer