* Changes for latest context
@ 1999-05-17 13:15 Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 1999-05-17 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Here is a derived change file for the latest context, or at least what
I could make of it reading the diff output.

Greetings,

Taco

Changes from version 99.4.11 to 99.5.11:

- Czech interface enabled (cont-cz)
- better e-TeX logo (cont-log)
- core-02b no longer inputted (context)
- \makecounter in \dodefinieernummer moved to back  (core-01a)
- \kap, \Kap, \KAP etc. documentation removed
- \stelopsommingin : new key 'vanelkaar'
- fixes to \som
- fixes to \normal@@definitiewoord  (spacing)
- fixes to \special@@definitiewoord (number indirection)
- fix to \definitie with option 'passend'
- fix to \raggedright (last line justification)
- new command \raggedwidecenter
- new switch to \steluitlijnenin: breed
- protection added to \citaat and \citeer (core-01b)
- contrastcolor for buttons is now initialized (core-01d)
- \calculateexternalfigure: new switch "repeat" (core-fig)
- \dodefinefilesynonym: fix (core-fil)
- \dohandlefield: new switch "reset" (core-fld)
- fields: vertical spacing fixes
- added \frac definition as in latex (core-mat)
- subsentence/discretionaries code moved to core-new from core-01a
  because of new \defineshortcut (also in core-new)
- references: fix?? \doifpredefinedreferenceelse adds
	\referenceprefix (core-ref)
- marginrule fix (core-rul)
- tabulation fixes && maybe new stuff?? (core-tbl)
- fixes to enco-il2
- \definecasemap: no accepts "to" keyword (enco-ini)
- enco-pdf: \,C -> Ccedile
            \,c -> ccedile
            \<< -> leftguillemot
            \>> -> rightguillemot
			\oA becomes \OA
			\SS removed
- unclear changes to font-ini
- fix to Print_Page_Range (java-fil)
- fix to \doinstalllanguage (lang-ini)
- guillemots: protection removed (lang-ini)
- new internal keywords: 'herhaal', 'vanelkaar', 'preview' (mult-con)
- new systemvariables: 'ms' (mult-ini), 'te' (mult-sys)
- new logos: \TEXSHOW, \XDVI (s-abr-01)
- HTML submissions are now default (spec-fdf)
- 'preview' and 'repeat' keys added to pdf included MOV files (spec-fdf)
- supp-fil initializes \fileline
- fixes to word-breaking in supp-lan
- syst-ext: \doifnothing, \doifsomething, \doifelsenothing more efficient
- new commands:
   \doifemptyelsevalue, \doifemptyvalue, \doifnotemptyvalue

* Re: Changes for latest context
@ 1999-05-17 22:47 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-05-17 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Here is a derived change file for the latest context, or at least what
> I could make of it reading the diff output.

Ha, a nice list, seems rather complete!

> - Czech interface enabled (cont-cz)

Still experimental!

> - \kap, \Kap, \KAP etc. documentation removed

The rest ofthis kindof documentation will disappear to (moved to
separate file). This was help info/templates for texedit.

> - fix to \definitie with option 'passend'

I'm working on a fix in nested enumerations (actually an option).

> - subsentence/discretionaries code moved to core-new from core-01a

will be another one, but still not sure about the name.

> - references: fix?? \doifpredefinedreferenceelse adds

It depends. Messages concerning unknown refs only appear once and
combined with reference prefixes this could lead to unknown ones when
they would apear later in prefixed form.

[for those unfamiliar with prefixing: context support reference
namespaces, e.g. per chapter. When not found locally, context try to
resolve them globally, document wide]

> - tabulation fixes && maybe new stuff?? (core-tbl)

Still in optimization stage.

> - unclear changes to font-ini

Probably some typos. I occasionally remove some garbage, or coreect some
typos when they come by.

> - fix to \doinstalllanguage (lang-ini)

(concerns encoding inheritance)

> - guillemots: protection removed (lang-ini)

(protection moved to another level)

> - new internal keywords: 'herhaal', 'vanelkaar', 'preview' (mult-con)

actually preview is an oldy: used to set the previes option when
including movies.

> - HTML submissions are now default (spec-fdf)

Still experimental. Sorting that out with Thanh and Phil.

> - 'preview' and 'repeat' keys added to pdf included MOV files (spec-fdf)

Ah, I see. They now make it into the special driver. The repeat feature
is new (I needed that one for the mill movie).

> - fixes to word-breaking in supp-lan

Yes, annoying bug. I wonder why I introduced that one.

Thanks,

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE