* I've got a decent start, but ...
@ 1999-05-19  6:33 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 1999-05-19  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hans,

OK, Win95, Miktex, and WinEdt. That's my configuration.

1. I got the file dcom95.exe and installed it. That seemed to go well,
asking to restart the computer. All OK so far.

2. I got APi516e.exe (Active Perl) and installed. All seemed to go well. I
simply selected defaults all the way during the installation. I told the
installation to adapt my autoexec.bat. I selected restart the computer when
the installation finished.

3. I unzipped cont-tmf.zip into the texmf directory tree. I kept precisely
the same directory structure used in cont-tmf.zip. That seemed to go well.

Now, how to proceed from here?

I could make a Context button in WinEdt, then put the appropriate file to
call in winedt\bin, and set the command line to call that file. But which
file? What is the best way to proceed? And should I make a format file?

* Re: I've got a decent start, but ...
@ 1999-05-19  8:53 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-05-19  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

David Arnold wrote:

> OK, Win95, Miktex, and WinEdt. That's my configuration.
>
> 1. I got the file dcom95.exe and installed it. That seemed to go well,
> asking to restart the computer. All OK so far.
>
> 2. I got APi516e.exe (Active Perl) and installed. All seemed to go well. I
> simply selected defaults all the way during the installation. I told the
> installation to adapt my autoexec.bat. I selected restart the computer when
> the installation finished.
>
> 3. I unzipped cont-tmf.zip into the texmf directory tree. I kept precisely
> the same directory structure used in cont-tmf.zip. That seemed to go well.
>
> Now, how to proceed from here?
>
> I could make a Context button in WinEdt, then put the appropriate file to
> call in winedt\bin, and set the command line to call that file. But which
> file? What is the best way to proceed? And should I make a format file?

you could make a batch file that runs texexec. You first need to put
texexec.pl somewhere in your path. When 'texexec' runs, its ok. Fabrice
made a perl script launcher, I'll send that one in a separate mail; just
copy it to texexec.exe and put it in the same path as texexec.pl .
Another way of launching texexec from the prompt is 'start texexec.pl'

You need to adapt texexec.ini to your local situation. Take a look at
the 'pragma' section, copy it and add your own changes. Enable that
section. Texexec.ini should be in the same path as texexec.pl (I assume
you don't have kpathseawhich cum suis running).

You need to be able to run

  texexec --make en         or    perl texexec --make en

for the english format.

  texexec  <filename>       or    perl texexec <filename>

processes the file. These can go under a button winedt I suppose.

(texexec runs the file as many times as needed, calls texutil to sort
the index and some lists)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE