* Comment block
@ 1999-05-27 22:25 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 1999-05-27 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,

Is there a

\startcomment
\stopcomment

which I can use to comment out a block of code, for use in both the body
and preamble of my document?

* Re: Comment block
@ 1999-05-28  0:24 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-05-28  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

David Arnold wrote:

> Is there a
>
> \startcomment
> \stopcomment
>
> which I can use to comment out a block of code, for use in both the body
> and preamble of my document?

What you need is:

\starthiding
\stophiding

There is however also

\startcomment
\stopcomment

(see up-to-date 1998-001: comment results in pdf text annotations in the
margin)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* RE: Comment block
@ 1999-05-28 19:17 ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 1999-05-28 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Is there a
>
> \startcomment
> \stopcomment
>
> which I can use to comment out a block of code, for use in
> both the body
> and preamble of my document?

I think it's not translated. It's \startcommentaar \stopcommentaar.

Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* Re: Comment block
@ 1999-05-30 22:58   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-05-30 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Berend de Boer wrote:

> I think it's not translated. It's \startcommentaar \stopcommentaar.

It is translated, but it is a composed command:

\setvalue{\e!start\e!commentaar}%
  {\dotripleempty\dostartcommentaar}

The element \e!commentaar is defined in mult-con.tex. This is why it
does not turn up as such in texshow.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE