* Question to \startlines
@ 2014-07-28 11:29 Tomas Hala
From: Tomas Hala @ 2014-07-28 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I found out that the \startlines does not work if it is defined in a body
of some other macro. Is it expected behaviour, or not?

Thanks in advance,

Tomáš Hála

---

Minimal example: (CTX from TL2014)

\starttext
\def\xxxx{\startlines
text
text
\stoplines}

\xxxx
\stoptext

%% Gives "text text" instead of
text
text

* Re: Question to \startlines
@ 2014-07-28 11:49 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-07-28 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 28.07.2014 um 13:29 schrieb Tomas Hala <tomas.hala@mendelu.cz>:

> Hello,
>
> I found out that the \startlines does not work if it is defined in a body
> of some other macro. Is it expected behaviour, or not?

This is normal for TeX and you have to use other mechanism like buffers.

\starttext

\startbuffer[xxxx]
\startlines
text
text
\stoplines
\stopbuffer

\getbuffer[xxxx]

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Question to \startlines
@ 2014-07-28 16:37   ` Tomas Hala
From: Tomas Hala @ 2014-07-28 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

That works. Thank you, Wolfgang.
Using this, I found out that buffers do not cooperate with \vfill.
Is there any other how to move parts of the buffer to the top and bottom
except two independent buffers?

Tomas Hala

Mon, Jul 28, 2014 ve 01:49:59PM +0200 Wolfgang Schuster napsal(a):
#
# Am 28.07.2014 um 13:29 schrieb Tomas Hala <tomas.hala@mendelu.cz>:
#
# > Hello,
# >

@ 2014-07-28 16:50     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-07-28 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 28.07.2014 um 18:37 schrieb Tomas Hala <tomas.hala@mendelu.cz>:

> That works. Thank you, Wolfgang.
> Using this, I found out that buffers do not cooperate with \vfill.
> Is there any other how to move parts of the buffer to the top and bottom
> except two independent buffers?

I don’t think this has to do with buffers because a buffer is only a mechanism to save content for a later use.

Make a example where you have a problem with \vfill.

Wolfgang