* Comment, verbatim
@ 1999-06-16 13:31 Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 1999-06-16 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

using \startcomment[title] ... \stopcomment to comment out an part of the script
(which should appear as note), I noticed that the linefeed is obeyed but not the
space when used for indenting. Can this be changed?

I use syntax highlighted verbatim (JV alias Java), but I haven't figured out how
to change the fonts so, that keywords become bold, the rest should be roman
(\tt).
(Ok if I'd manage to get the comment signs and the comments in italic (or
slanted) I would be glad).
Somehow trials with something like \definefont[JVidentifierfont][MonoBold at
\bodyfontsize] or so (borrowed from Berend's verb-sql) end with noting or even
with an error message :-(

Tobias

* Re: Comment, verbatim
@ 1999-06-16 15:39 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-06-16 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tobias Burnus wrote:

> using \startcomment[title] ... \stopcomment to comment out an part of the script
> (which should appear as note), I noticed that the linefeed is obeyed but not the
> space when used for indenting. Can this be changed?

Hm. Something \obeyspaces. Maybe an option?

> I use syntax highlighted verbatim (JV alias Java), but I haven't figured out how
> to change the fonts so, that keywords become bold, the rest should be roman
> (\tt).
> (Ok if I'd manage to get the comment signs and the comments in italic (or
> slanted) I would be glad).
> Somehow trials with something like \definefont[JVidentifierfont][MonoBold at
> \bodyfontsize] or so (borrowed from Berend's verb-sql) end with noting or even
> with an error message :-(

It's somewhere else, see core-ver:

\def\setupcommonverbatim#1%
  {\def\verbatimfont         {\tttf}%
   \def\prettyidentifierfont {\ttsl}%
   \def\prettyvariablefont   {}%

if you change this to:

\def\setupcommonverbatim#1%
  {\def\verbatimfont         {\tttf}%
   \def\prettyidentifierfont {\bf}%
   \def\prettyvariablefont   {\it}%

you will succeed. If we can work out proper keys, I will add an option

  [somestyle=...]

normal
reserved
whatever

Now who has ideas on keys?

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Comment, verbatim
@ 1999-06-16 22:33   ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 1999-06-16 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: NTG-ConTeXt

Hallo Hans,

[\startcomment]
> Hm. Something \obeyspaces. Maybe an option?
I'm in favour of it ;-)

> It's somewhere else, see core-ver:
Ok, I only searched verb-*

> \def\setupcommonverbatim#1%
[...]

>   [somestyle=...]
>
> normal
> reserved
> whatever
Soonds ok, but I would change whatever to comments ;-)

(If you could made an option for TeXWork and verbatim, that toggles between mark
as comment: 'comment sign only' vs. 'complete comment', I would be really
happy...)

* Re: Comment, verbatim
@ 1999-06-17  7:35     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-06-17  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: NTG-ConTeXt

Hallo Tobias,

> [\startcomment]
> > Hm. Something \obeyspaces. Maybe an option?
> I'm in favour of it ;-)

I'll think it over. Something [space=yes] or so.

> > It's somewhere else, see core-ver:
> Ok, I only searched verb-*

The verb modules are actually generic (like many parts) and can also be
used in latex (taco uses them for the maps for some years now). The
core-ver module wraps it into context.

> (If you could made an option for TeXWork and verbatim, that toggles between mark
> as comment: 'comment sign only' vs. 'complete comment', I would be really
> happy...)

You mean, color versus non color after comment? After %D would it would
make sense to color wouldn't it? I (prelimnary) can also wrap commented
stuf.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE