* Circuit diagrams
@ 1999-06-20 18:46 David Arnold
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: David Arnold @ 1999-06-20 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans,

Any plans for circuit diagrams? Spring-mass-pulley?

Or does something already exist that works well with Context?

* Re: Circuit diagrams
@ 1999-06-21 10:09 ` Taco Hoekwater
       [not found] ` <3.0.5.32.19990621095557.00a972b0@mail.northcoast.com>
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 1999-06-21 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

    David> Hans, Any plans for circuit diagrams? Spring-mass-pulley?

What are those? stuff like the circ package for latex?

Taco

* Re: Circuit diagrams
@ 1999-06-21 11:28 ` Hans Hagen
       [not found] ` <3.0.5.32.19990621095557.00a972b0@mail.northcoast.com>
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-06-21 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

David Arnold wrote:

> Any plans for circuit diagrams? Spring-mass-pulley?
>
> Or does something already exist that works well with Context?

Metapost.

Actually, what I write is often related to what I need, so as soon I
would need it, I would write something (or look at a graphic drawing
program first). It depend a bit on the needs,

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Circuit diagrams
       [not found] ` <3.0.5.32.19990621095557.00a972b0@mail.northcoast.com>
@ 1999-06-21 22:02   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-06-21 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Arnold wrote:

> Hans,
>
> Interesting. How would you draw a mass hanging on a spring in Metapost?
> Have you done this before? Sample code?

Run the next mp file and take a look in GSview (nb, even fig numbers).
It need a bit cleaning up, but it's not that hard. When I find some idle
moment, I'll see if I can work it out as an example for the manual.

input mp-tool ;

def animate (expr weight, spring, position) =
  h := spring ;
  w := h/8 ;
  pickup pencircle scaled 2.5 ;
  fill
    fullcircle scaled weight shifted (0,-.5weight)
    withcolor .7white ;
  draw
    (( 0,  0)--( 0, 20)--
     (-w, 30)--(+w, 40)--