* Bold math
@ 1999-06-24  7:12 Matthew Baker
From: Matthew Baker @ 1999-06-24  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Just received my shiny new Lucida Bright & Lucida Math font CD yesterday.
How do I do bold in math mode?  I want the bold math font, ie
LucidaNewMath-Demi or whatever it's called.  If I do \bf in math mode I
get bold roman.  If I do \bi I get regular bold italic, not bold math (so
$\bi ff$ gives the wrong thing, for example.  In Latex I have a macro

\newcommand{\mbf}[1]{\mbox{\boldmath $#1$}}

Is there already a switch in Context to activate the correct font?  If
not, how do I set one up?

Thanks.

- Matthew

--
Dr. Matthew Baker           matthew.baker@gmd.de
GMD - FIT.MMK               http://fit.gmd.de/hci/pages/matthew.baker.html

* Re: Bold math
@ 1999-06-24  8:03   ` Matthew Baker
From: Matthew Baker @ 1999-06-24  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Matthew,
>
> You need to read the manual ;-(
>
> Search for the meaning of \mf

I couldn't find any mention in either of the manuals but my Dutch isn't
good so maybe I missed it.  In any case, $\mi\mf$ seems to be what I'm
after.  Thanks.  I figured there must be a command like that somewhere.

- Matthew

--

@ 1999-06-24  9:15     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-06-24  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Context List

Matthew Baker wrote:

> I couldn't find any mention in either of the manuals but my Dutch isn't
> good so maybe I missed it.  In any case, $\mi\mf$ seems to be what I'm
> after.  Thanks.  I figured there must be a command like that somewhere.

There are some examples in the big dutch beta one? Do you have that one?
I'll send you a typeset docu file of font-ini. Tells it in english.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Bold math
@ 1999-06-24  9:40 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 1999-06-24  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

    Matthew> Hi all,

    Matthew> Just received my shiny new Lucida Bright & Lucida Math
    Matthew> font CD yesterday.  How do I do bold in math mode?  I
    Matthew> want the bold math font, ie LucidaNewMath-Demi or
    Matthew> whatever it's called.  If I do \bf in math mode I get
    Matthew> bold roman.  If I do \bi I get regular bold italic, not
    Matthew> bold math (so $\bi ff$ gives the wrong thing, for
    Matthew> example.  In Latex I have a macro

    Matthew> \newcommand{\mbf}[1]{\mbox{\boldmath $#1$}}

    Matthew> Is there already a switch in Context to activate the
    Matthew> correct font?  If not, how do I set one up?

Matthew,

You need to read the manual ;-(

Search for the meaning of \mf

Taco

* Re: Bold math
@ 1999-06-25  9:19       ` Matthew Baker
From: Matthew Baker @ 1999-06-25  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Matthew Baker wrote:
>
> There are some examples in the big dutch beta one? Do you have that one?
> I'll send you a typeset docu file of font-ini. Tells it in english.

Ah, the beta version.  I read the older (even bigger) version.  The
typeset font-ini makes it clearer though, thank you.  However I still have
some difficulties.  To get something in bold math font, I do
something like

$ ... {\bi\mf x} ... $

Is this correct?  For x that works fine.  However,

$ ... {\bi\mf ff} ... $

gives the wrong thing.  In cmr, the spacing between the fs is simply too
small.  In lbr I get something very strange indeed (a ligature that isn't
in the font?).  Also I'm guessing

$ ... {\bi\mf\sigma} ... $

should give me a bold italic sigma in lbr.  It's just a regular (unbold)
sigma though.  This works correctly in pdflatex so the character is
definately there and pdftex can find the font ok.

Actually these bold greek letters are one of the major reasons I bought
the Lucida font set.  I keep having to typeset variance vectors :)

- Matthew

--

@ 1999-06-25 10:32         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-06-25 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matthew Baker wrote:

> $ ... {\bi\mf x} ... $
>
> Is this correct?  For x that works fine.  However,
>
> $ ... {\bi\mf ff} ... $
>
> gives the wrong thing.  In cmr, the spacing between the fs is simply too

Spacing in math is different. Just put a \hbox around it.

> small.  In lbr I get something very strange indeed (a ligature that isn't
> in the font?).  Also I'm guessing
>
> $ ... {\bi\mf\sigma} ... $

Taco?

> should give me a bold italic sigma in lbr.  It's just a regular (unbold)
> sigma though.  This works correctly in pdflatex so the character is
> definately there and pdftex can find the font ok.
>
> Actually these bold greek letters are one of the major reasons I bought
> the Lucida font set.  I keep having to typeset variance vectors :)

Ah, but i'm not sure if they are already defined in context. I'll see if
I can find myself the fonts (must be somewhere on my computer I think).

Math is a bit problematic anyway, due to the lack of families in tex and
the fact that the last font switch dominates all, a (mis)feature of tex
(sideeffect actually).

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: bold math
@ 2009-07-03 13:59 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-07-03 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> I have tried to enter "MATHEMATICAL BOLD ITALIC SMALL THETA" directly
> with LM, but it didn't work (probably there are some mappings still
> missing, but it's a bit uncomfortable to type proper mathematical
> symbols anyway as editor is somehow lacking the characters and
> keyboard would have to be reconfigured heavily).

sure, which is why most symbols have names too; i expect lm typewriter
to be complete with respect to math some day so thatit can be used for
editing

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: bold math
@ 2009-07-03 13:58       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-07-03 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

>> in mkiv (unicode) we need complete bold fonts .. (or make additional
>> vectors); bold alphabets are part of math in unicode and should work ok but
>> symbols is a 'whole font' issue
>
> I agree ... there are lots of other symbols.
>
> I noticed the "tex-bi" in math-vfu (I'm still looking into beta
> version). There's no mapping for it, but I guess that it's probably
> exactly the same as "math-bi".
>
> Do you plan to misuse "tex-bi" or to to define mathematics.make_font (
> "lmroman10-boldmath" ... ) for bold math then?

currently only math tf is defined (fam 0) and we will also have math bf
(fam 1); mostly a matter of definitions but i was not in the mood to
figure out all the bold fonts involved/needed

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: bold math
@ 2009-07-03 13:35     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-07-03 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 15:23, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>>> and has no influence in mkiv. (The
>>> workaround in mkii is to use \theta instead of θ, in mkiv it makes no
>>> difference.)
>
> in mkiv (unicode) we need complete bold fonts .. (or make additional
> vectors); bold alphabets are part of math in unicode and should work ok but
> symbols is a 'whole font' issue

I agree ... there are lots of other symbols.

I noticed the "tex-bi" in math-vfu (I'm still looking into beta
version). There's no mapping for it, but I guess that it's probably
exactly the same as "math-bi".

Do you plan to misuse "tex-bi" or to to define mathematics.make_font (
"lmroman10-boldmath" ... ) for bold math then?

Mojca

* Re: bold math
@ 2009-07-03 13:23   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-07-03 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

>> and has no influence in mkiv. (The
>> workaround in mkii is to use \theta instead of θ, in mkiv it makes no
>> difference.)

in mkiv (unicode) we need complete bold fonts .. (or make additional
vectors); bold alphabets are part of math in unicode and should work ok
but symbols is a 'whole font' issue

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: bold math
@ 2009-07-03 13:19 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-07-03 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 15:12, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Hello Hans,
>
> I wanted to use
>
> \definetypeface [boldmath] [mm] [boldmath] [latin-modern] [default]
> \starttext
> $\boldsymbol θ$
> \stoptext
>
> but it seems to fail in mkii

Sorry, I take my word back. It works OK with \boldsymbol{θ}. However
the functionality in mkiv still needs to be fixed.

> and has no influence in mkiv. (The
> workaround in mkii is to use \theta instead of θ, in mkiv it makes no
> difference.)

Mojca

* bold math
@ 2009-07-03 13:12 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-07-03 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Hans,

I wanted to use

\definetypeface [boldmath] [mm] [boldmath] [latin-modern] [default]
\starttext
$\boldsymbol θ$
\stoptext

but it seems to fail in mkii and has no influence in mkiv. (The
workaround in mkii is to use \theta instead of θ, in mkiv it makes no
difference.)

1. Is there any simple patch that could make θ work in mkii? (I'm
working with mkii at the moment)
2. I have no idea what to do in mkiv case. Some of symbols (including
bold greek) exist is the same font, some don't and might require
another ("bolder") font. Maybe fixing the behaviour of \boldsymbol and
a few mappings for greek could be enogh to start with.

@ 2009-03-27 21:06     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-03-27 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009, Boštjan Vesnicer wrote:

> Thanks, Aditya.
>
> I have the same question for calligraphic and doublestroke symbols.

I do not know of fonts that provide calligraphic and doublestroke symbols.
Calligraphic uppercase letters, and doublestroke letters are provided by
ams fonts, and can be used using

{\cal ABC} {\Bbd ABC}

without requiring any extra setup.

Aditya

> Bostjan
>
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 4:17 PM, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 27 Mar 2009, Bostjan Vesnicer wrote:
>>
>>  Hi,
>>>
>>> what is the current (preferred) way of using math bold symbols.
>>>

>> For MKII, define
>>
>> \definetypeface [boldmath] [mm] [boldmath] [latin-modern] [default]
>>
>> and then use \boldsymbol around symbol that you want in bold.
>>
>> For MKIV, bold math isn't handled yet.
>>
>> Aditya

* Re: bold math
@ 2009-03-27 20:59   ` Boštjan Vesnicer
From: Boštjan Vesnicer @ 2009-03-27 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, Aditya.

I have the same question for calligraphic and doublestroke symbols.

Bostjan

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 4:17 PM, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Mar 2009, Bostjan Vesnicer wrote:
>
>  Hi,
>>
>> what is the current (preferred) way of using math bold symbols.
>>

> For MKII, define
>
> \definetypeface [boldmath] [mm] [boldmath] [latin-modern] [default]
>
> and then use \boldsymbol around symbol that you want in bold.
>
> For MKIV, bold math isn't handled yet.
>
> Aditya

* Re: bold math
@ 2009-03-27 15:17 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-03-27 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2009-03-27 15:10 Bostjan Vesnicer
From: Bostjan Vesnicer @ 2009-03-27 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

what is the current (preferred) way of using math bold symbols.

Bostjan

[-- Attachment #1.2: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature --]
[-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature, Size: 4617 bytes --]

* Re: Bold math
@ 2004-08-31  9:02   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-08-31  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sytse Knypstra wrote:

> At 8/30/2004 10:50, you wrote:
>
>> Is there a "simple" way to get bold (, |, *, and ) in math?
>>         nikolai
>

> I don't know how to get them in the standard cmr fonts, but I have the
> lucida fonts installed and realised these bold characters as follows:
>
> \definetypeface [mainface] [rm] [serif]       [lucida] [default]
> [encoding=texnansi]
> \definetypeface [mainface] [tt] [mono]        [lucida] [default]
> [encoding=texnansi]
> \definetypeface [mainface] [ss] [sans]        [lucida] [default]
> [encoding=texnansi]
> \definetypeface [mainface] [mm] [math,bfmath] [lucida] [default]
> [encoding=texnansi]
> \setupformulas [method=bold]
> \usetypescript [lucida] [texnansi]
> \switchtotypeface  [lucida] [12pt]
> \switchtobodyfont[mainface]
> \usemathcollection[lbr]
> \setupbodyfont[mainface]
>
> \starttext
> ${\bfm ( |  *  )}$
> \stoptext

there is also a magazine about it (see show-mag.pdf at www page)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Bold math
@ 2004-08-31  8:30 ` Sytse Knypstra
From: Sytse Knypstra @ 2004-08-31  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 8/30/2004 10:50, you wrote:
>Is there a "simple" way to get bold (, |, *, and ) in math?
>         nikolai

I don't know how to get them in the standard cmr fonts, but I have the
lucida fonts installed and realised these bold characters as follows:

\definetypeface [mainface] [rm] [serif]       [lucida] [default]
[encoding=texnansi]
\definetypeface [mainface] [tt] [mono]        [lucida] [default]
[encoding=texnansi]
\definetypeface [mainface] [ss] [sans]        [lucida] [default]
[encoding=texnansi]
\definetypeface [mainface] [mm] [math,bfmath] [lucida] [default]
[encoding=texnansi]
\setupformulas [method=bold]
\usetypescript [lucida] [texnansi]
\switchtotypeface  [lucida] [12pt]
\switchtobodyfont[mainface]
\usemathcollection[lbr]
\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\starttext
${\bfm ( |  *  )}$
\stoptext

Sytse Knypstra

* Bold math
@ 2004-08-30 20:50 Nikolai Weibull
From: Nikolai Weibull @ 2004-08-30 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a "simple" way to get bold (, |, *, and ) in math?
	nikolai

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::

* bold math
@ 2004-05-09 13:16 Adam Lindsay
From: Adam Lindsay @ 2004-05-09 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all.

I've revisited the euler support scripts with an eye towards bold math. I
think I have it right now.

I tried applying the same techniques to computer-modern math in order to
get bold math going for the TeX default font, and it seems not to switch
back to the right font after a grouped \bfm font switch. The minimum case
for this is $x{\bfm x}x$, which gives an italic x, a bold x, and then a
roman x.

Hans (others with full Lucida math?), what does the test case look like?

If you want to try the attached typescript, the following should work well:
\definetypeface[mainface][mm][math][euler][euler]
\definetypeface[mainface][mm][bfmath][euler][euler]
\definetypeface [boldmath][mm][boldmath][euler][euler]
\definetypeface [boldmath][mm][bfmath][euler][euler]

The following fails on cases like the one I described, but is reasonable
otherwise:
\definetypeface[mainface][mm][math][computer-modern][computer-modern]
\definetypeface[mainface][mm][bfmath][computer-modern][computer-modern]
\definetypeface [boldmath][mm][boldmath][computer-modern][computer-modern]
\definetypeface [boldmath][mm][bfmath][computer-modern][computer-modern]

 Adam T. Lindsay                      atl@comp.lancs.ac.uk
 Computing Dept, Lancaster University   +44(0)1524/594.537
 Lancaster, LA1 4YR, UK             Fax:+44(0)1524/593.608

[-- Attachment #2.1: type-eul-new.tex --]

[-- Attachment #2.2: cmr-bfm-x.pdf --]

* Re: bold math
@ 2003-11-23 17:53 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-11-23 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Sytse Knypstra

At 10:48 21/11/2003, you wrote:
>Ahoj,
>
>On November 11 I asked the list how I could generate bold greek math
>symbols (I have the lucida family installed).
>Until now I didn't get a response, so maybe I should be more specific.
>
>Let me put it this way:
>On page 12 of the `Fonts in ConTeXt' manual I find the footnote:
>`Bold math is already prepared in the core modules, so normally one can do
>with less code.'
>
>Can anybody tell me what code I have to add and where?
>I would like to get the following line
>$\theta = {\bfmath \alpha' x}$
>with \theta in normal math and \alpha and x in math boldface?

First of all, the definition of \bfmath is broken (i probably never really
tested it)

\def\bfmath{\bf\mf\synchronizesymb\mf}

i'll come back to more advanced mixed normal/bold switching later (playing
a bit with that now);

a main switch to bold math is best done with a new typeface:

(i just found out that there's a typo in type-syn.tex and type-enc.tex:
LucidaNewMath-Demibold -> LucidaNewMath-DemiBold

\definetypeface [mainface] [rm] [serif]
   [lucida] [default] [encoding=texnansi]
\definetypeface [mainface] [tt] [mono]
   [lucida] [default] [encoding=texnansi]
\definetypeface [mainface] [ss] [sans]
   [lucida] [default] [encoding=texnansi]
\definetypeface [mainface] [mm] [math]
   [lucida] [default] [encoding=texnansi]

\definetypeface [boldmath] [rm] [serif]
   [lucida] [default] [encoding=texnansi]
\definetypeface [boldmath] [tt] [mono]
   [lucida] [default] [encoding=texnansi]
\definetypeface [boldmath] [ss] [sans]
   [lucida] [default] [encoding=texnansi]
\definetypeface [boldmath] [mm] [boldmath]
   [lucida] [default] [encoding=texnansi]

\switchtobodyfont[mainface] \usemathcollection[lbr]  \showmathtoken{Gamma}
\switchtobodyfont[boldmath] \usemathcollection[lbr]  \showmathtoken{Gamma}

\startlines
$x=10 \Gamma \Delta \alpha \delta \zeta$

{$x=10 \Gamma \Delta \alpha \delta \zeta$}
{$x=10 \Gamma \Delta \alpha \delta \zeta$}

$\mainface  x=10 \Gamma \Delta \alpha \delta \zeta$
$\boldmath  x=10 \Gamma \Delta \alpha \delta \zeta$

\stoplines

\startformula
   x=12=\fontbody  \Gamma \Delta \alpha \delta \zeta
\stopformula

\startformula[mainface]
    x=12=\fontbody  \Gamma \Delta \alpha \delta \zeta
\stopformula

\startformula[boldmath]
   x=12=\fontbody  \Gamma \Delta \alpha \delta \zeta
\stopformula

\startformula[boldmath,8pt]
   x=8=\fontbody  \Gamma \Delta \alpha \delta \zeta
\stopformula

\startformula[boldmath,12pt,small]
   x=12s=\fontbody  \Gamma \Delta \alpha \delta \zeta
\stopformula

\startformula[boldmath,small]
   x=s=\fontbody  \Gamma \Delta \alpha \delta \zeta
\stopformula

\startformula[boldmath,10pt]
   x=10=\fontbody  \Gamma \Delta \alpha \delta \zeta
\stopformula

\startformula[boldmath,11pt,small]
   x=11s=\fontbody  \Gamma \Delta \alpha \delta \zeta
\stopformula

\startformula[boldmath,9pt]
   x=9=\fontbody \Gamma \Delta \alpha \delta \zeta
\stopformula

\formula[boldmath]{1=2x}

Hans

* bold math
@ 2003-11-21  9:48 Sytse Knypstra
From: Sytse Knypstra @ 2003-11-21  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2003-11-11 10:17 Sytse Knypstra
From: Sytse Knypstra @ 2003-11-11 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I would like to use bold greek math symbols (I have the lucida family
installed).
In the `Fonts in ConTeXt' manual I concluded from page 12 that this should
be relatively simple.
However all my attempts failed: either I got the normal math symbols or I
got all (roman and greek) symbols bold,
whereas I want to use them alternately.
I tried the description on the pages 13 and 14, but I couldn't get it working.
I simply inserted `,boldmath' in the lucida typescript in the file type-exa
and it gave me all symbols bold.
I must admit that I don't understand much of what is written in the `Fonts
in ConTeXt' manual.

Can anybody give me a solution of how to achieve this?

BTW. Shouldn't this feature be a standard one in ConTeXt?

Thanks
Sytse

* Re: Bold math
@ 2000-09-13 13:18 ` S2P development
From: S2P development @ 2000-09-13 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michal Kvasnicka wrote:

> Good morning.
>
> I'd like to ask when the \boldsymbol in math-module will work.
> Does it work with the beta version of ConTeXt?

Probably not. \boldsymbol (as well as \boldmath) depend on font mapping
definitions of the five extra fonts, as in this example for Lucida:

\definefontsynonym [ExtraMathRoman]          [LucidaBright-Demi]
\definefontsynonym [ExtraMathExtension]      [LucidaNewMath-Extension]
\definefontsynonym [ExtraMathItalic]
[LucidaNewMath-AltDemiItalic]
\definefontsynonym [ExtraMathSymbol]         [LucidaNewMath-Symbol-Demi]
\definefontsynonym [ExtraMathAlpha]          [LucidaNewMath-Arrows-Demi]

For Computer Modern, it would be something like this (untested):

\definefontsynonym [ExtraMathRoman]          [cmbx10]
\definefontsynonym [ExtraMathExtension]      [cmex10]
\definefontsynonym [ExtraMathItalic]         [cmmib10]
\definefontsynonym [ExtraMathSymbol]         [cmbsy10]
\definefontsynonym [ExtraMathAlpha]          [msam10]

If you add these commands to the top of your input file, \boldsymbol
*should* work

Greetings, Taco

* Bold math
@ 2000-09-13  7:53 Michal Kvasnicka
From: Michal Kvasnicka @ 2000-09-13  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good morning.

I'd like to ask when the \boldsymbol in math-module will work.
Does it work with the beta version of ConTeXt?
I have version
    ConTeXt  ver: 2000.5.29  fmt: 2000.9.5  int: english  mes: english
and it doesn't work yet.
It is very important feature for me.

Many thanks
Michal Kvasnicka

--
Economics is the only field in which two people can get a Nobel Prize
for saying exactly the opposite things.

* Re: bold math
@ 2000-04-18 21:35 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2000-04-18 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

    pragma> Taco is the expert here, but did you load the math fonts
    pragma> that are needed?

Hans is right. Look into the source of m-math, and search for
"boldmath".  This part really needs core context support to work,
which will be added after the merge of the module.

Greetings, Taco

* bold math
@ 2000-04-18  1:37 pragma
From: pragma @ 2000-04-18  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco is the expert here, but did you load the math fonts that
are needed?

Hans

* Re: bold math
@ 2000-02-15 13:28 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2000-02-15 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

    >> One more question: How to typeset bold math symbols? I mean
    pragma> the same
    >> stuff that in LaTeX can be obtained vis AMS packages with the
    >> \boldsymbol{...} command.

    pragma> It's handled in the beta math module. There is also some

The beta math module is also at

	 http://www.cybercomm.nl/~bittext/temp

and it's called m-math.zip. But I'm afraid it still has a lot of bugs,
and needs some support in the context core that is not there yet.

As for the \ss stuff, this will have to wait until we can set up a new
distribution when Hans is back.

greetings, taco

* bold math
@ 2000-02-14 22:36 pragma
From: pragma @ 2000-02-14 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

> One more question: How to typeset bold math symbols? I mean
the same
> stuff that in LaTeX can be obtained vis AMS packages with the
> \boldsymbol{...} command.

It's handled in the beta math module. There is also some info in
the chapter about fonts: \bf \mf etc try:

$test \sin(x) \bf test \sin(x)$

Hans