From: Tobias Burnus <burnus@gmx.de>
Cc: Context List <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
Subject: Re: missing fmtutil found but other files missing
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 18:39:02 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Matthew,

> cont-en.ini
> cont-de.ini
> cont-nl.ini
>
> These don't appear in the context ZIP I downloaded.  I guess these
> normally come with teTeX
Yes, they simply contain:
cont-cz.ini  cont-de.ini  cont-en.ini  cont-nl.ini  cont-uk.ini
  % Thomas Esser, 1998, 1999. public domain.
  \input cont-uk.tex
  \endinput

context.ini
  % Thomas Esser, 1998, 1999. public domain.
  \input context.tex
  \endinput

> but if you install the SuSE version without
> context, they don't get installed.
Until recently you needed always to install the whole teTeX, even if you only
need plain tex, so SuSE has decided to split it up.

> Should they be added to the context
> distribution for the sake of completeness?
I don't know. They haven't much in them though.

> I'm going to install teTeX from the sources I think.  The SuSE version is
> wierd and it has an ancient version of pdftex.
Before I installed a newer teTeX (1.0.6 meanwhile), I installed the
SuSE-Version, and then -- using `mc` -- I overwrote the files using
cont-tmf.tex. This isn't the best, but IMO works good. (I also did it after
installing teTeX 1.0 as I updated ConTeXt.)
After an update of ConTeXt, you need texhash; fmtutil --byhyphen `fmtutil
--showhypen cont-en`.

Regarding the latest ConTeXt update: Is it possible that it doesn't insert
hyperlinks/bookmarks/Documentinfo?
At least I get such impression with latest ConTeXt (download \Delta t = -15 min)
and pdfetex 0.13d.
Is there a precompiled pdfetex 0.14/beta available?

Tobias