* missing fmtutil found but other files missing
@ 1999-07-21 12:15 Matthew Baker
From: Matthew Baker @ 1999-07-21 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

My fmtutil.cnf wasn't missing.  SuSE seems to put the web2c directory in
/var and soft-links it to /usr/share.  ls -R doesn't traverse links so the
ls-R hash file doesn't include its contents!  So, now that I've solved
that, I've found that I'm missing the files

cont-en.ini
cont-de.ini
cont-nl.ini

These don't appear in the context ZIP I downloaded.  I guess these
normally come with teTeX but if you install the SuSE version without
context, they don't get installed.  Should they be added to the context
distribution for the sake of completeness?

I'm going to install teTeX from the sources I think.  The SuSE version is
wierd and it has an ancient version of pdftex.

- Matthew

--
Dr. Matthew Baker           matthew.baker@gmd.de
GMD - FIT.MMK               http://fit.gmd.de/hci/pages/matthew.baker.html

* Re: missing fmtutil found but other files missing
@ 1999-07-21 13:19 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-07-21 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matthew Baker wrote:

> I'm going to install teTeX from the sources I think.  The SuSE version is
> wierd and it has an ancient version of pdftex.

Don't you have a tex live cdrom?

Anyway, it's up to Thomas what to include or not. I don't want
conflicting files and duplicates.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: missing fmtutil found but other files missing
@ 1999-07-21 16:39 ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 1999-07-21 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Context List

Hi Matthew,

> cont-en.ini
> cont-de.ini
> cont-nl.ini
>
> These don't appear in the context ZIP I downloaded.  I guess these
> normally come with teTeX
Yes, they simply contain:
cont-cz.ini  cont-de.ini  cont-en.ini  cont-nl.ini  cont-uk.ini
  % Thomas Esser, 1998, 1999. public domain.
  \input cont-uk.tex
  \endinput

context.ini
  % Thomas Esser, 1998, 1999. public domain.
  \input context.tex
  \endinput

> but if you install the SuSE version without
> context, they don't get installed.
Until recently you needed always to install the whole teTeX, even if you only
need plain tex, so SuSE has decided to split it up.

> Should they be added to the context
> distribution for the sake of completeness?
I don't know. They haven't much in them though.

> I'm going to install teTeX from the sources I think.  The SuSE version is
> wierd and it has an ancient version of pdftex.
Before I installed a newer teTeX (1.0.6 meanwhile), I installed the
SuSE-Version, and then -- using `mc` -- I overwrote the files using
cont-tmf.tex. This isn't the best, but IMO works good. (I also did it after
installing teTeX 1.0 as I updated ConTeXt.)
After an update of ConTeXt, you need texhash; fmtutil --byhyphen `fmtutil
--showhypen cont-en`.

Regarding the latest ConTeXt update: Is it possible that it doesn't insert
hyperlinks/bookmarks/Documentinfo?
At least I get such impression with latest ConTeXt (download \Delta t = -15 min)
and pdfetex 0.13d.
Is there a precompiled pdfetex 0.14/beta available?

Tobias