* Cross document links and AR 4.0
@ 1999-08-09 13:21 Matthew Baker
From: Matthew Baker @ 1999-08-09 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have just discovered that cross-document links don't work with AR 4.0 on
either Linux or IRIX (and therefore probably other Unix platforms).  They
work fine in AR 3.0.

The only cross-document links I have are in documents created using
Context.  Does anyone have any documents with cross-document links created
by other means?  Or know where I could find one?  Or alternatively, does
anyone know why this isn't working??

- Matt

--
Dr. Matthew Baker           matthew.baker@gmd.de
GMD - FIT.MMK               http://fit.gmd.de/hci/pages/matthew.baker.html

* Re: Cross document links and AR 4.0
@ 1999-08-09 22:43 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-08-09 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matthew Baker wrote:

> I have just discovered that cross-document links don't work with AR 4.0 on
> either Linux or IRIX (and therefore probably other Unix platforms).  They
> work fine in AR 3.0.

Can you try to rename the files to uppercase? If this solves the
problem, I shall remove the auto uppercase (and cross my fingers that
version 3.0 still works). The uppercase is there to conform to ISO9660
CDROM specs. Normally a viewer should take care of trying both upper and
lowercase.

BTW, wanna know why the quotes are added in destinations? They fix a
annotation array sort problem in acrobat 3.0, otherwise half of the
annotations was not found. It's one reason why I always say
\setupinteraction[page=yes].

> The only cross-document links I have are in documents created using
> Context.  Does anyone have any documents with cross-document links created
> by other means?  Or know where I could find one?  Or alternatively, does
> anyone know why this isn't working??

Can you test the pdftex manuals? These are crosslinked and gerenated
here.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE