From: Tobias Burnus <burnus@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: Contex installation for MikTeX
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 13:41:37 +0200	[thread overview]

[-- Attachment #1: Type: multipart/mixed;, Size: 1831 bytes --]

--------------775F69F8871665E6F4257D16

--------------775F69F8871665E6F4257D16

Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 13:41:01 +0200
From: Tobias Burnus <burnus@gmx.de>
To: Tarik Kara <ktarik@Bilkent.EDU.TR>

Hi Tarik,

> I am new to this newgroup and to ConTeXt. What do I have to do in order to
> install ConTeXt (I am using MikTeX under win95). The perl script
> texexec.pl does not work
How does it fail? How do you have set texexec.ini?

> and when I tired to built the fmt file cont-en I
> got the following error:
>
> (font-cmx.tex <unprotect 2> <protect 2>
> ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [hash size=20000].
You need these settings  for the resources. Look for a file texmf.cnf and add:

main_memory.context      = 1100000
hash_extra.context       = 25000
pool_size.context        = 750000
string_vacancies.context = 45000
max_strings.context      = 55000
pool_free.context        = 47500
nest_size.context        = 500
param_size.context       = 1500
save_size.context        = 5000
stack_size.context       = 1500

You might want to change context into cont-xx, where xx is one out of
cz,de,en,nl,uk.

Tobias

PS: Sorry for not giving you so much help, but I use teTeX, which fortunatly
comes with ConTeXt. (fpTeX/Win32 does as well.)

--------------775F69F8871665E6F4257D16--