* Re: Mathtimes
       [not found] <3.0.5.32.19990827221345.00b2e650@mail.northcoast.com>
@ 1999-08-29 12:33 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-08-29 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: multipart/mixed;, Size: 2295 bytes --]

--------------148F34903EF7F56658D9491A

David Arnold wrote:

> at the beginning of my Metapost file, as in the attached twomasses.mp, I
> can use distiller to produce twomasses.pdf from the resulting twomasses.1,
> no problem. Everything looks good at this end. Open the pdf file for me and
> see if all looks well to you.
>
> Then, if I comment out the above lines, computer modern is assumed and
> distiller will not deal with the resulting twomasses.1.

Indeed. As I told you before, MP output expects DVIPS. Nevertheless, you
can use the attached script to convert a .1 file into an .mps that can
be handled by distiller.

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
--------------148F34903EF7F56658D9491A

# copyright : PRAGMA ADE / Hans Hagen / 29 aug 1999
#
# PRAGMA Advanced Document Engineering / www.prama-ade.nl
#
# This script is part of ConTeXt and will be incorporated into texutil.

@files = glob "$ARGV[0].1" ;

foreach $file (@files)
  { ($name,$suffix) = split (/\./, $file) ;
    if (open(INP,$file)&&open(OUT,">$name.mps"))
      { print "$file => $name.mps" ;
        while (<INP>)
          { chomp ;
            if (/%%DocumentFonts: (.*)/)
              { @fonts = split (/ /, $1) ;
                print OUT "%%DocumentFonts:" ;
                print " : cm fonts" ;
                foreach (@fonts)
                  { if (/^cm/i) { $_ = uc $_ ; print " $_" }
                    print OUT " $_" }
                print OUT "\n" }
            elsif (/\s*(\/cm.*)\s*(\/cm.*) def/i)
              { print OUT " $1 " . uc $2 . " def\n" }
            else
              { print OUT "$_\n" } }
        print "\n" ;
        close (INP) ;
        close (OUT) } }

--------------148F34903EF7F56658D9491A--

only message in thread, other threads:[~1999-08-29 12:33 UTC | newest]