From: Tobias Burnus <burnus@gmxNoSpam.de>
Cc: NTG-ConTeXt <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
Subject: Re: error messages when using lates cont-tmf.zip
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 1999 09:44:36 +0200	[thread overview]

Thomas Porter wrote:

> I decided to try the lates cont-tmf.zip and when I unzipped it into my
> /usr/share/texmf tree and tried to texexec a simple test file, I got a message
> asking e to update my pdftex binaries.  I am using 13.d.  Is there anything
> else easily obtainable?  The
> http://ftp.cstug.cz/pub/tex/local/cstug/thanh/pdftex-beta/latest/bin/Linux
> points to a 13.d version.

At http://www.fi.muni.cz/~thanh/tmp/ is the new PDFTeX version, but only as
source and DJGPP binary.
But you might consider to get the latest teTeX-source (beta) and compile it
yourself:

Thomas Esser (te) writes at tetex[-pretest]@informatik.uni-hannover.de:
!I just want to announce that I just have uploaded a new version of
!teTeX-beta for ftp. The files will be available at
!  ftp://ftp.rrzn.uni-hannover.de/pub/local/misc/teTeX-beta/
!and on
!  CTAN:systems/unix/teTeX-beta
!
!The changes in the sources are:
!  - update to pdftex-0.14a
               ############
!  - update to xdvik-22.15
!  - new option: -default-translate-file (used for CS-TeX)
!
!Changes in the texmf tree:
!
!  Everything should be up-to-date now:
!  - new latex, context, hyperref, babel, etc. etc.
                #######
!  - added support for CS-TeX (formats just have to be enabled via
!    texconfig)
!
! I am away from mail now for three weeks and I'll return after the
! EuroTeX'99 conference. Report bugs or suggestions to the tetex-pretest
! list.

So far,

Tobias