* layout
@ 1999-09-09  7:14 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-09-09  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Ed,

I forgot to say: when seting up a layout, say \showframe. It helps a
bit.

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Layout
@ 2004-11-08 14:21 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2004-11-08 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello David,

> This is what is needed, but even in more detail.

[...]

> We need a picture(s) indicating all of the various layout parameters and
> their location on the page, as shown in the figure generated when you run
> the Latex code above.

So you have tried out my t-layout? I guess you have to rename it since
the distribution contains a layout module as well. What else do you
miss? Do you need a graphical representation of everything?

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki: http://contextgarden.net

* Layout
@ 2004-11-07  2:32 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2004-11-07  2:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,

This is what is needed, but even in more detail.

Try this in Latex:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{layout}
\begin{document}
\layout
\end{document}

@ 2001-02-19 10:22 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-02-19 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

At 02:48 PM 2/16/01 +0100, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
>Hello,
>I wonder if in ConTeXt is possible to achieve layout
>in forms similar to the following (with columns):
>
>+-------------------------------+
>|.......|.......|               |
>|.......|.......| Picture/Float |
>|.......|.......|               |
>|.......|.......+---------------+
>|.......|.......|.......|.......|
>|.......|.......|.......|.......|
>|.......|.......|.......|.......|
>|.......|.......|.......|.......|
>|.......|.......|.......|.......|
>+-------------------------------+
>
>+-------------------------------+
>|.......|.......|.......|.......|
>|.......|.......|.......|.......|
>|.......+---------------+.......|
>|.......|               |.......|
>|.......| Picture/Float |.......|
>|.......|               |.......|
>|.......+---------------+.......|
>|.......|.......|.......|.......|
>|.......|.......|.......|.......|
>+-------------------------------+
>
>and alike (that is, the float spanning
>more than one column, and going in one
>of the corners or in the middle etc),
>possibly being able to choose where to
>put the float.

Well, my version is capable of doing that, and also span multiple pages,
with unequal number of cols etc. Next month i will pick up that thread. You
can then also define specific column methods, as well as force floats to
every reasonable place. [i test this kind of stuff with random documents
with hundreds of random foats]

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Layout
@ 2001-02-16 13:48 Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2001-02-16 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
I wonder if in ConTeXt is possible to achieve layout
in forms similar to the following (with columns):

+-------------------------------+
|.......|.......|               |
|.......|.......| Picture/Float |
|.......|.......|               |