* \bf disturbs flowing of text around image
@ 2010-08-28 17:19 Martin Althoff
From: Martin Althoff @ 2010-08-28 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

In the example below (just updated minimals too) the \bf in the second paragraph prevents the text flowing around the picture, the text runs over the picture. Take \bf out and all is fine. If I use an \input statement instead of the lorem text the effect does not show. The image name is deliberate -- it does not exist on my system.

What's going on? How to cause the text to flow around again?

Thanks,
Martin

\starttext
\input aesop-de

\placefigure[right]{bild}{\externalfigure[blah.jpg][width=.3\textwidth]}

\input aesop-de

\placefigure[right]{bild}{\externalfigure[blah.jpg][width=.3\textwidth]}

{\bf some stuff} Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

\stoptext

* Re: \bf disturbs flowing of text around image
@ 2010-08-28 17:57 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-08-28 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Am 28.08.10 19:19, schrieb Martin Althoff:
> In the example below (just updated minimals too) the \bf in the second paragraph prevents the text flowing around the picture, the text runs over the picture. Take \bf out and all is fine. If I use an \input statement instead of the lorem text the effect does not show. The image name is deliberate -- it does not exist on my system.
>
> What's going on? How to cause the text to flow around again?
>
> Thanks,
> Martin
>
> \starttext
> \input aesop-de
>
> \placefigure[right]{bild}{\externalfigure[blah.jpg][width=.3\textwidth]}
>
> \input aesop-de
>
> \placefigure[right]{bild}{\externalfigure[blah.jpg][width=.3\textwidth]}
>
> {\bf some stuff} Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad

\dontleavehmode{\bf ...} ...

or

\bold{...} ...

Wolfgang

* Re: \bf disturbs flowing of text around image
@ 2010-08-29  0:30   ` Martin Althoff
From: Martin Althoff @ 2010-08-29  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

> \dontleavehmode{\bf ...} ...
>
> or
>
> \bold{...} ...

Thanks Wolfgang,

\bold{...} ... doesn't work, \dontleavehmode{\bf ...} does work.

Could you, or someone, give me an idea what is going on? Is something broken in the background? Am I using outdated (not current MKIV) syntax by just using \bf ? It seems \dontleavehmode is just a glitch-fix.

Martin

* Re: \bf disturbs flowing of text around image
@ 2010-08-29 15:55     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-08-29 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 29.08.2010 um 02:30 schrieb Martin Althoff:

>> \dontleavehmode{\bf ...} ...
>>
>> or

> Thanks Wolfgang,
>
> \bold{...} ... doesn't work, \dontleavehmode{\bf ...} does work.
>
> Could you, or someone, give me an idea what is going on? Is something broken in the background? Am I using outdated (not current MKIV) syntax by just using \bf ? It seems \dontleavehmode is just a glitch-fix.

Here is a explanation from Hans: http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20070125.190639.db5dba87.en.html

You can redefine \bold (it’s just a alternative command for \bf) to

\define\bold{\dontleavehmode\groupedcommand\bf\donothing}

Wolfgang