* Full screen background colour
@ 1999-10-09 15:10 Matthew Baker
From: Matthew Baker @ 1999-10-09 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo,

With the help of JavaScript, I am now able to provide links that open the
same document in either full-screen mode or non-full-screen mode.  Trouble
is, if the document isn't exactly the shape of the background, the screen
is padded with black when the document is displayed full-screen.  Black is
not the idea colour.  Is there any way to configure this colour in the
document, either in PDF or JavaScript?  The Acrobat FullScreen Prefs
menu allows this to be changed but the closest I've been able to come
to automating this from the document is to open the dialog window.

The alternative is to define the document dimensions so that it is the
correct shape, and set the background colour myself.  But then the
background appears in the printout.  Is it possible to clip this on
output?  I can't assume paper dimensions because it might be A4 or 6x4
inch photo paper, or something different entirely.

Cheers,
Matthew

--
Dr. Matthew Baker           matthew.baker@gmd.de
GMD - FIT.MMK               http://fit.gmd.de/hci/pages/matthew.baker.html

* Re: Full screen background colour
@ 1999-10-09 21:41 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-10-09 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matthew Baker wrote:

> With the help of JavaScript, I am now able to provide links that open the
> same document in either full-screen mode or non-full-screen mode.  Trouble
> is, if the document isn't exactly the shape of the background, the screen
> is padded with black when the document is displayed full-screen.  Black is
> not the idea colour.  Is there any way to configure this colour in the
> document, either in PDF or JavaScript?  The Acrobat FullScreen Prefs
> menu allows this to be changed but the closest I've been able to come
> to automating this from the document is to open the dialog window.
>
> The alternative is to define the document dimensions so that it is the
> correct shape, and set the background colour myself.  But then the
> background appears in the printout.  Is it possible to clip this on
> output?  I can't assume paper dimensions because it might be A4 or 6x4
> inch photo paper, or something different entirely.

Can you try:

\setupbackgrounds
  [page]
  [background=color,
   backgroundoffset=10pt,
   backgroundcolor=red]

That way, the background goes over the normal page dimensions without
affecting the page.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Full screen background colour
@ 1999-10-10 11:24   ` Matthew Baker
From: Matthew Baker @ 1999-10-10 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 9 Oct 1999, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Can you try:
>
> \setupbackgrounds
>   [page]
>   [background=color,
>    backgroundoffset=10pt,
>    backgroundcolor=red]
>
> That way, the background goes over the normal page dimensions without
> affecting the page.

That doesn't seem to make any difference - the document is red but the
space around the document is still white.

- Matt