* Re: Animation...
       [not found] <vines.uq2E+W,P+sA@hip-02.ip-network.com>
@ 1999-10-11  9:58 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-10-11  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Krzysztof Sulejczak wrote:

> is it possible to play an animation in pdf presentation?
> And how to do that?

Currently the only way to do this is to insert a movie.

  \externalfigure[animation.mov][width=4cm,height=3cm,preview=yes]

You have to specify the dimensions (repreenting the aspect ratio)
because there is no way to determine the dimensions automatically.

Hans

PS. A real java plugin would help a lot!

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Question on Context
@ 1999-10-29  2:04   ` Harish P Cherukuri
From: Harish P Cherukuri @ 1999-10-29  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hello:

I am thinking about investing some time into learning
context. I have looked at the user manual of context and liked
what I saw there.

I was wondering if the readers of this mailing list
could help me with the following questions I have regarding
context:

(a). There are a lot of packages written for latex. Are such
packages available for context or is there a need for them?
For example, suppose I want to use tables spanning more than
a page. Latex has a package available to do this (longtable
I believe). Does context support such features?

(b). I heavily use psfrag for many of my documents. Does
Context have anything similar?

(c). Quite a many journals accept latex files for publication
purposes. So latex is quite a convenient tool for writing
papers. What do the folks who use context do with regard
to this? Do they use latex when it comes to writing papers?

Thanks.
-- Harish
Harish Cherukuri
Mechanical Engineering & Engineering Science, UNC-Charlotte
9201 University City Blvd, Charlotte NC 28223-0001  US
Tel: 704 547 3917| Fax: 704 547 2352
http://www.coe.uncc.edu/~hcheruku

* RE: Question on Context
@ 1999-10-29  6:49     ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 1999-10-29  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Are such
> packages available for context or is there a need for them?

There are some packages, but where LaTeX needs packages to add basic
functionality, ConTeXt contains everything you need and provides abundant
hooks to get almost all the functionality you want.

LaTeX packages bite each other sometimes, no such thing with ConTeXt.

And yes, ConTeXt has longtables.

> (c). Quite a many journals accept latex files for publication
> purposes. So latex is quite a convenient tool for writing
> papers. What do the folks who use context do with regard
> to this? Do they use latex when it comes to writing papers?

Yes. Because in this case layout is less important so if it looks awful,
it's no problem. Get ConTeXt for the really beautiful documents.

Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* Animation...
@ 1999-10-11  9:41 Krzysztof Sulejczak
From: Krzysztof Sulejczak @ 1999-10-11  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

is it possible to play an animation in pdf presentation?
And how to do that?

Krzysztof