* plain hyperlinked text
@ 1999-10-25  4:10 Ed L. Cashin
From: Ed L. Cashin @ 1999-10-25  4:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Most of the time, interactive elements in a document have to do with
pagenumbers, section numbers, etc.

Now I am trying to create a document for a presentation, and I would
like to use \setupbottomtexts and \setupbottom to put a blue "toc"
hyperlink in the left bottom edge of each page after the table of
contents.

I already have blue interactive page numbers in my table of contents.
How does one make such a hyperlink from text to text in context?

--
--Ed Cashin			PGP public key:
  ecashin@coe.uga.edu		http://www.coe.uga.edu/~ecashin/pgp/

* Re: plain hyperlinked text
@ 1999-10-25  9:04 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-10-25  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Ed L. Cashin" wrote:

> Most of the time, interactive elements in a document have to do with
> pagenumbers, section numbers, etc.
>
> Now I am trying to create a document for a presentation, and I would
> like to use \setupbottomtexts and \setupbottom to put a blue "toc"
> hyperlink in the left bottom edge of each page after the table of
> contents.
>
> I already have blue interactive page numbers in my table of contents.
> How does one make such a hyperlink from text to text in context?

I'm not sure what you mean. There is something:

  \setuplist[chapter][interaction=text]

where 'interaction' can be sectionnumber, pagenumber, text or all. So,
you can influence what you make clickable.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: plain hyperlinked text
@ 1999-10-25 12:44   ` Ed L. Cashin
From: Ed L. Cashin @ 1999-10-25 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:

> "Ed L. Cashin" wrote:
> >
> > Most of the time, interactive elements in a document have to do with
> > pagenumbers, section numbers, etc.
> >
> > Now I am trying to create a document for a presentation, and I would
> > like to use \setupbottomtexts and \setupbottom to put a blue "toc"
> > hyperlink in the left bottom edge of each page after the table of
> > contents.
> >
> > I already have blue interactive page numbers in my table of contents.
> > How does one make such a hyperlink from text to text in context?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean. There is something:
>
>   \setuplist[chapter][interaction=text]
>
> where 'interaction' can be sectionnumber, pagenumber, text or all. So,
> you can influence what you make clickable.

Yes, that is what I have working already.  I'm using:

        \setuplist[section][interaction=pagenumber]

... but what I'm looking for is a link back to the table of contents
that sits in the bottom left edge of every page after the TOC.

However, I now think that a "go to TOC" *button* would be better,
since I could arrange for it to be invisible for printing, so I'll go
find that part of the docs that deals with buttons and read it.

Thanks.

--

@ 1999-10-25 14:24     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-10-25 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Ed L. Cashin" wrote:

> ... but what I'm looking for is a link back to the table of contents
> that sits in the bottom left edge of every page after the TOC.
>
> However, I now think that a "go to TOC" *button* would be better,
> since I could arrange for it to be invisible for printing, so I'll go
> find that part of the docs that deals with buttons and read it.

\goto {some text} [content]

\button {some text} [content]

if needed, make a page reference: \pagereference[content] at the
appropriate place

in menus:

\startinteractionmenu[bottom]
\got [label] text \\
\but [label] text \\
\stopinteractionmenu

etc

Actually there is a automatism that automatically links tocs and
subtocs, that is: by saying [previouscontent] one goes to the toc one
level higher, given than one uses local tocs of course). There is also
an automatic 'link section headers in different documents' option. (and
more hidden features -)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: plain hyperlinked text
@ 1999-10-26 12:59       ` Ed L. Cashin
From: Ed L. Cashin @ 1999-10-26 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:

> "Ed L. Cashin" wrote:
>
> > ... but what I'm looking for is a link back to the table of contents
> > that sits in the bottom left edge of every page after the TOC.
> >
> > However, I now think that a "go to TOC" *button* would be better,
> > since I could arrange for it to be invisible for printing, so I'll go
> > find that part of the docs that deals with buttons and read it.
>
> \goto {some text} [content]
>
> \button {some text} [content]
>
> if needed, make a page reference: \pagereference[content] at the
> appropriate place
>
> in menus:
>
> \startinteractionmenu[bottom]
> \got [label] text \\
> \but [label] text \\
> \stopinteractionmenu

Great!  That worked nicely!  (At first, I thought that "\got" was a
typo, but it's not, of course.  I suppose it is an abbreviated version
of "\goto", and likewise "\but" is an abbreviated "\button" command.)

> Actually there is a automatism that automatically links tocs and
> subtocs, that is: by saying [previouscontent] one goes to the toc
> one level higher, given than one uses local tocs of course). There
> is also an automatic 'link section headers in different documents'
> option. (and more hidden features -)

I haven't yet made a document in context that uses mini-toc's, but I
will try hard to remember that there are hidden features associated
with them.