* Acrobat Reader Startview
@ 1999-10-28  8:22 Haseloff, Lutz
From: Haseloff, Lutz @ 1999-10-28  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans, Hi all,

This is my last question for my first nice form
built by ConTeXt and pdfTeX

Is it possible to start the file in Acrobat Reader with "Fit Width"?
Or is option=max the only option of \setupinteractionscreen?
I found no documentation about the options.

Greetings

Lutz

* Re: Acrobat Reader Startview
@ 1999-10-28 11:30 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-10-28 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

"Haseloff, Lutz" wrote:

> This is my last question for my first nice form
> built by ConTeXt and pdfTeX
>
> Is it possible to start the file in Acrobat Reader with "Fit Width"?
> Or is option=max the only option of \setupinteractionscreen?
> I found no documentation about the options.

Another option is 'bookmark'; I'll have a look, supporting 'width' and
'height' should be possible I suppose.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Acrobat Reader Startview
@ 1999-10-28 12:09 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-10-28 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hi Lutz,

> This is my last question for my first nice form
> built by ConTeXt and pdfTeX
>
> Is it possible to start the file in Acrobat Reader with "Fit Width"?
> Or is option=max the only option of \setupinteractionscreen?
> I found no documentation about the options.

I just took a look at the source and remember why it is not there. First
it's not in the pdf standard (don't ask me why). When you set the view
to fit the width in exchange, you will notice that adobe abuses the
openaction for this. Unfortunately, when you *do* change this, existing
openactions are lost. In context, one can has chains of actions, so you
could try use a javascript to handle this. Matthew has done some
experiments with this, so when he's back (from vacation), we can see if
we predefine some JS code for that.

Another options is to explicitly go to the first page in fit width mode.
The code is present, but in context currently support for changing modes
is disables due to bugs in the viewers! Exchange uses the trick <when
you want a fit width set the height to -32K> which is too horrible to
even consider using.

I'll think it over, and (1) either extend the
option=max|width|height|middle|etc or (2) provide changing modes when I
found ways to fool the viewers. How badly do you need this?

(providing a fit in window is I think more feasible).

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE