From: Tobias Burnus <burnus@gmx.de>
Cc: NTG-ConTeXt <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
Subject: Re: Two more questions
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 15:19:18 +0100	[thread overview]

Hallo Marc,

>  1) I have used pdftex before and have created a number
>     of macros for handling forms, hyperlinks and the like.
>     When I tried to use them in combination with \CONTEXT
>     it turned out they didn't work (I haven't started
>     using things depending on forms yet.).
(then there shouldn't be a problem simply switching to the context ons, this
makes is more likely that your hyperlinks work when using a different path, e.g.
dvips->distiller/ghostscript->[pdf])

>     E.g. I compared two pdf files, one created using
>     \CONTEXT and one without. The pdf for a hyperlink
>    seems identical. The hyperlinks generated with the
>    \CONTEX macros (i.e. not with my own) do work.
>    Any suggestions as to what I am overseeing?
I think this is almost impossible to answer this -- at least without seeing an
example and/or your macros. (If you really need them, you can make an example
else simply use the ConTeXt commands.) Apropos PDFTeX, there exists a mailing
list concerning pdf (and mainly pdftex) at pdftex@tug.org, subscribe pdftex,
majordomo@tug.org, where you can ask questions concerning plain TeX (which is
basicly what you are trying to achive; the list is also about pdfLaTeX, hyperref
and "pdf-ConTeXt".)

> 2) Is there a ``fancyverb'' like thing which would allow
>    mo to carry out commands in a ``verbatim'' environment?
Even after scanning the fancyvrb.ps file, I'm not totally sure what is ment by
'carry out commands', but I think I got an idea of the features. The features of
ConTeXt are not always the same but also advanced.

Have a look at the source documentation in the files:

verb-ini.tex -- this gives a nice overview about the verbatim possibilities.

verb-*.tex contain the basics used for syntacs highlighting of PERL,
Java/JavaScript, TeX, MetaPost and SQL. (This file is a must, if you want to add
a language, else better skip it, it isn't that well (cp. to verb-ini commented
and contains fewer examples.)

You probably already know \typefile, \type, \starttyping ... \stoptyping.
But do you know:
\type<<a <<slanted>> word>>
\type<<with <</bf boldfaced>> text>>
(from verb-ini.tex a very nice reference!)

If you have special needs, drop a note to this list.

Tobias

PS: From TeXShow (texshow setuptyping en):
\setuptyping[...][..,..=..,..]

\setuptyping
[file, typing, name]
[space=on|off,
 page=yes|no,
 option=slanted|normal|commands|color|none,
 before=command,
 after=command,
 margin=dimension|standard,
 evenmargin=dimension,
 oddmargin=dimension,
 blank=dimension|small|medium|big|standard|halfline|line,
 escape=,
 indentnext=yes|no,
 palet=name]
\setuptype[..=..]

\setuptype
[space=on|off,
 option=slanted|normal|none]
Using before/after you can also use \startlinenumbering, \startframed etc.