* Re: Context and Arabtex
       [not found] <199911112154.NAA06294@www1.xoommail.com>
@ 1999-11-12  1:11 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-11-12  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: pragma

At 01:54 PM 11/11/99 -0800, Imran Ahsan Nyazee wrote:

Indeed mailing list questions:

>1. \em when placed within \section and \subsection etc. becomes
>   bold italic. What about \it? For those who use diacritics
>   using \it gives better visual results.

\definebodyfontenvironment
  [default]  % or 12pt etc
  [em=italic]

>2. What is the substitute for \ldots in Latex used for ellipsis?

\unknown

>3. Index. How will diacritics be sorted in an index? In Latex or
>   makeindex if I want Ism\=a`\={\i}l in the index entry I say:
>      \index{ismail@{\it Ism\=a`\={\i}l}}?

\index[ismail]{\it Ism\=a`\={\i}l}}

(although in this case it would be sorted as ismail anyway)

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Context and Arabtex
@ 1999-11-12 12:38   ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 1999-11-12 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Imran Ahsan Nyazee, ntg-context

Hans Hagen wrote:
> At 01:54 PM 11/11/99 -0800, Imran Ahsan Nyazee wrote:
> Indeed mailing list questions:

> >2. What is the substitute for \ldots in Latex used for ellipsis?
>
> \unknown
Well in the mathematical mode I'd use: $a_1, \ldots, a_n$ in the text mode I
would use this \dots
or that\dots\ (Depending wether you want to have a space before ... or not.)

The names \dots and $\ldots$ are defined in plain TeX, whereas \ldots (without $
$) is a latex specific command. (\cdots (centered dots) do not really make sense
in text mode, so the 'l' for "line" dots isn't neccessary, and therefore DK must
have desided that only \dots is available).

Regards,

Tobias