* where to install cont-doc.zip and request for enhancement?
@ 1999-11-12  2:18 Thomas Porter
From: Thomas Porter @ 1999-11-12  2:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

I located the cont-doc.zip file which appears to have mod-modu.tex and otehr
things in it, but was unclear as to where to install it.  I copied all the
...tex files to /usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base where all the other context
modules and such are at, then ran texhash.  texexec --modu some.pl still did
not work.

Do I need to texexec --make en de nl again?

RFE:

I liked Ed Cashin's perl hack where he was able to use \typefile to pull in a
perl file to include in his presentation.  Any chance of enhancing the pretty
print constructions like \startPL to pull in a file name as opposed to having
to include the code inline?

Thanks for such a neat document tool!

--
Tom Porter                                       txporter@mindspring.com
"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament],

* Re: where to install cont-doc.zip and request for enhancement?
@ 1999-11-12  9:52 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-11-12  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 09:18 PM 11/11/99 -0500, Thomas Porter wrote:
>I located the cont-doc.zip file which appears to have mod-modu.tex and otehr
>things in it, but was unclear as to where to install it.  I copied all the
>...tex files to /usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base where all the other context
>modules and such are at, then ran texhash.  texexec --modu some.pl still did
>not work.

Everything can be unzipped in texmf, so indeed these modules go into base.

>Do I need to texexec --make en de nl again?

No. These modules are loaded runtime.

>I liked Ed Cashin's perl hack where he was able to use \typefile to pull in a
>perl file to include in his presentation.  Any chance of enhancing the pretty
>print constructions like \startPL to pull in a file name as opposed to having
>to include the code inline?

\setuptyping[file][option=color]

\setupcolors[state=start]

\typefile{texexec.pl}

So, \typefile is clever enough to determine the file type. No hack needed.

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: where to install cont-doc.zip and request for enhancement?
@ 1999-11-12 12:38 ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 1999-11-12 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hi Thomas,

> I located the cont-doc.zip file which appears to have mod-modu.tex and other
> things in it, but was unclear as to where to install it.  I copied all the
> ...tex files to /usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base where all the other context
> modules and such are at, then ran texhash.
sounds as if this is the correct way to do it.
> texexec --modu some.pl still did not work.
How does it fail?

> Do I need to texexec --make en de nl again?
I don't think so, but I'm not sure.

> RFE:
(What does RFE mean by the way?)
> I liked Ed Cashin's perl hack where he was able to use \typefile to pull in a
> perl file to include in his presentation.  Any chance of enhancing the pretty
> print constructions like \startPL to pull in a file name as opposed to having
> to include the code inline?

\setuptype[option=PL]
\typefile{foobar.pl}

should work.