* AW: \useencoding[win]
@ 1999-11-17  8:15 Haseloff, Lutz
From: Haseloff, Lutz @ 1999-11-17  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Saying \useencoding[win] within my document makes pdfTeX complain about
> unknown commands \startregime, \stopregime, and \enableregime.
>
> But, anyway, using the ß in source code still results in SS in typeset
> text.
>
> Am I missing something? Is my installation broken? Or am I the only
> german windows user?

You are not!

I use ConTeXt beta (1999.11.15) and have no problems with umlauts
in any form.
ß, \SS and "s work correctly with cm, pos and lbr

My testfile is:

\setupoutput [pdftex]
\setuppapersize[S6][S6]
\setupbodyfont[pos,ber]
\useencoding[win]
\mainlanguage[de]
\starttext
\hyphenatedword{Deckweiß}
\hyphenatedword{Deckwei"s}
\hyphenatedword{Deckwei\SS}
\stoptext

Lutz

* Re: AW: \useencoding[win]
@ 1999-11-17  9:21 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-11-17  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 09:15 AM 11/17/99 +0100, Haseloff, Lutz wrote:

>My testfile is:
>
>\setupoutput [pdftex]
>\setuppapersize[S6][S6]
>\setupbodyfont[pos,ber]
>\useencoding[win]
>\mainlanguage[de]
>\starttext
>\hyphenatedword{Deckweiß}
>\hyphenatedword{Deckwei"s}
>\hyphenatedword{Deckwei\SS}
>\stoptext

I am thinking of making some language specific pages on our web site. Maybe we should add such small tests there too. But, I need others to write them,

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: \useencoding[win]
@ 1999-11-17 11:15 ` Peter Willadt
From: Peter Willadt @ 1999-11-17 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

"Haseloff, Lutz" schrieb:

> > Saying \useencoding[win] within my document makes pdfTeX complain about
> > unknown commands \startregime, \stopregime, and \enableregime.

My installation was broken, now [repaired] anything works fine.

> My testfile is:

Thanks a lot, the testfile works.

Peter Willadt

* \useencoding[win]
@ 1999-11-17  6:38 Peter Willadt
From: Peter Willadt @ 1999-11-17  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am using
ConTeXt  ver: 1999.10.18  fmt: 1999.10.25  int: english  mes: english.

Saying \useencoding[win] within my document makes pdfTeX complain about
unknown commands \startregime, \stopregime, and \enableregime.

Inputting enco-ini.tex before that removes the error messages, but in
the log file (and also on the terminal) I get messages saying
debugger       : message:: duplicate tag title in library encodings of
interface english
debugger       : message:: duplicate tag 1 in library encodings of
interface english
debugger       : message:: duplicate tag 2 in library encodings of
interface english
debugger       : message:: duplicate tag 3 in library encodings of
interface english