* Possibility to have more than one series of footnotes
@ 1999-11-22  9:58 Maarten Wisse
From: Maarten Wisse @ 1999-11-22  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all fans of ConTeXt,

A friend of mine would like to make a critical edition of a latin text.
It was suggested to him that a TeX module exists which is able to do
that with support for two series of footnotes at the bottom of the text.
I know this module, but its user interface is very unfriendly. My
question is simple: is the possibility to use more that one series of
footnotes at the bottom of the page built in in standard ConTeXt? I
thought I saw anywhere that it was.
Thanks for the answer.
Greetings,

Maarten Wisse

--
Ever seen Microsoft Windows's multitasking capabilities when writing
to a floppy disk? Try it. Try the same on Linux.

[-- Attachment #2: Card for Maarten Wisse --]

begin:vcard
n:Wisse;Maarten
tel;home:+31 183 631348
tel;work:+31 30 253 9409
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.homepages.hetnet.nl/~mwisse
org:Utrecht University;Philosophy of Religion
adr:;;Kasteleinstraat 11B;Gorinchem;;4204 AN;The Netherlands
version:2.1
email;internet:pmwisse@hetnet.nl
title:Drs.
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Maarten Wisse
end:vcard

* RE: Possibility to have more than one series of footnotes
@ 1999-11-22 19:56 Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 1999-11-22 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

> It was suggested to him that a TeX module exists which is able to do
> that with support for two series of footnotes at the bottom
> of the text.

Can you elaborate a bit more? Or say the name of the latex package?

Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* RE: Possibility to have more than one series of footnotes
@ 1999-11-22 21:20 Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 1999-11-22 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I think he's referring to EDMAC, which was built as an extension to
> plain but can be used with LaTeX as well.

If it works with plain it should work with ConTeXt as well I think.

But how does it look/work?

ConTeXt has the concept of \startlocalfootnotes, but that's fine for
footnotes in tables, things on one page, but probably not very usefull when
page breaking is taking place.

Groetjes,

Berend. (-: