* Re: Polish manual (was: Re: Installation for Miktex)
@ 1999-11-29  8:01 grzegorz.sapijaszko
From: grzegorz.sapijaszko @ 1999-11-29  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hans wrote:

[...]
> BTW, we still have to sort out the polish sorting rules.

Ehem, I have play with this, but I haven't found where is sorting (or sorting
rules) described (encoded). When I make index with polish chars, the diacritics
letters come first, then the rest...

Hans, if you like, I prepare the polish letters in alphabetical order.

Groetje,
Grzesiek

* Re: Polish manual (was: Re: Installation for Miktex)
@ 1999-11-29 10:35 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-11-29 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Hans Hagen, ntg-context

At 09:01 AM 11/29/99 +0100, grzegorz.sapijaszko@pl.abb.com wrote:

>> BTW, we still have to sort out the polish sorting rules.
>
>Ehem, I have play with this, but I haven't found where is sorting (or sorting
>rules) described (encoded). When I make index with polish chars, the
diacritics
>letters come first, then the rest...

Texutil. Pretty basic sorting btw.

>Hans, if you like, I prepare the polish letters in alphabetical order.

Ok.

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Polish manual (was: Re: Installation for Miktex)
@ 1999-11-29 17:38   ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 1999-11-29 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: grzegorz.sapijaszko, ntg-context

Hi Hans,

> Texutil. Pretty basic sorting btw.
Talking of sorting, presently sorting German is done using the ä (\"a)->a
mapping,
but I also would like to see the ä (\"a) -> ae mapping, which is also frequently
used.
Moreover I'm not quite sure what happens with ß (\SS), it is supposed to be
sorted as SS.

(Or should one wait for Xindy support
http://gemini.iti.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/xindy/ ?)

Tobias

* Re: Polish manual (was: Re: Installation for Miktex)
@ 1999-11-26 21:53 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-11-26 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 02:12 PM 11/26/99 +0100, grzegorz.sapijaszko@pl.abb.com wrote:

>After little discussion with Wlodek Bzyl and Piotr Bolek, we (Piotrek and i)
>prepare an article to GUST-Biuletyn, and, probably, a little presentation for
>BachoTeX 2000.

Ok.

>The second way, I see, is translating a minstall, a texexec and texutil
manual
>as the first...

Ok. The texutil one is the least important. BTW, we still have to sort out
the polish sorting rules.

>Greetings,
>Grzesiek
>
>PS. BTW. Hans, do you come to BachoTeX next year?

Sure, I'll do my best,

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Polish manual (was: Re: Installation for Miktex)
@ 1999-11-26 13:12 grzegorz.sapijaszko
From: grzegorz.sapijaszko @ 1999-11-26 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)