* Dolly's Underware ?
@ 2011-03-28 16:18 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2011-03-28 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

with todays beta I just re-ran Vedran's posted minimal example (see below):

Still there is "Underware" laying around under "d". Whom does it belong to?

Hans, please fix this bug fast! In my current book there is a truckload of ownerless "underware" laying around :o)

Steffen

-------

My \index{dog}dog is a \index{dog+bullterrier}bullterrier named \seeindex{Dolly}{Underware}Dolly.
He doesn't like \index{cat}cats.
There are a lot of \index{cat+stray}stray cats, but only a few of them are \index{cat+Siamese}Siamese.

\placeindex

* Re: Dolly's Underware ?
@ 2011-03-28 17:03 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-03-28 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 28-3-2011 6:18, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> with todays beta I just re-ran Vedran's posted minimal example (see below):
>
> Still there is "Underware" laying around under "d". Whom does it belong to?
>

> Hans, please fix this bug fast! In my current book there is a truckload of ownerless "underware" laying around :o)
>

> Steffen
>

> -------
>

> My \index{dog}dog is a \index{dog+bullterrier}bullterrier named \seeindex{Dolly}{Underware}Dolly.
> He doesn't like \index{cat}cats.
> There are a lot of \index{cat+stray}stray cats, but only a few of them are \index{cat+Siamese}Siamese.
>
> \placeindex

shouldn't there be a \index{Dolly} somewhere?

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Dolly's Underware ?
@ 2011-03-28 18:07   ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2011-03-28 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 28.03.2011 um 19:03 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 28-3-2011 6:18, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>> Hi Hans,
>>
>> with todays beta I just re-ran Vedran's posted minimal example (see below):
>>
>> Still there is "Underware" laying around under "d". Whom does it belong to?
>>

>> Hans, please fix this bug fast! In my current book there is a truckload of ownerless "underware" laying around :o)
>>

>> Steffen
>>

>> -------
>>

>> My \index{dog}dog is a \index{dog+bullterrier}bullterrier named \seeindex{Dolly}{Underware}Dolly.
>> He doesn't like \index{cat}cats.
>> There are a lot of \index{cat+stray}stray cats, but only a few of them are \index{cat+Siamese}Siamese.
>>
>> \placeindex
>

> shouldn't there be a \index{Dolly} somewhere?

No, not necessarily. Just run the same file (see below) with MkII: Dolly with "Underware", fine.

Or did you change the etiquette recently?
I mean, did you state in MkIV that nobody shall throw around underwear and disappear ...

Steffen

-------

\starttext

My \index{dog}dog is a \index{dog+bullterrier}bullterrier named \seeindex{Dolly}{Underware}Dolly.
He doesn't like \index{cat}cats.
There are a lot of \index{cat+stray}stray cats, but only a few of them are \index{cat+Siamese}Siamese.

\placeindex

\stoptext

* Re: Dolly's Underware ?
@ 2011-03-28 19:26     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-03-28 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 28-3-2011 8:07, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> No, not necessarily. Just run the same file (see below) with MkII: Dolly with "Underware", fine.

well, mkii is not a reference for this and mkiv shres no register code
with it; also, you can consider the fact that mkii does not ignore
faulty entries a bug there

> I mean, did you state in MkIV that nobody shall throw around underwear and disappear ...

not only underware will disappear

anyhow, i now issue a message so when you see them you'd better check
your source because your pant might drop to your ankles showing your
underware when your client tell you that he wonders where those entries
pointing nowhere come from (ok, you can consider it part of the
"automatically generate random references and bibliographies" feature
that Thomas and I are working on)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Dolly's Underware ?
@ 2011-03-28 19:58       ` Vedran Miletić
From: Vedran Miletić @ 2011-03-28 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

2011/3/28 Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>

> On 28-3-2011 8:07, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>
>  No, not necessarily. Just run the same file (see below) with MkII: Dolly
>> with "Underware", fine.
>>

> well, mkii is not a reference for this and mkiv shres no register code with
> it; also, you can consider the fact that mkii does not ignore faulty entries
> a bug there

In that case we should probably fix the wiki example.

Hans, will you consider adding ?? or something to signify broken entries?

Regards,

Vedran

* Re: Dolly's Underware ?
@ 2011-03-28 19:58       ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2011-03-28 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 28.03.2011 um 21:26 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 28-3-2011 8:07, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>
>> No, not necessarily. Just run the same file (see below) with MkII: Dolly with "Underware", fine.
>
> well, mkii is not a reference for this and mkiv shres no register code with it; also, you can consider the fact that mkii does not ignore faulty entries a bug there
>
>> I mean, did you state in MkIV that nobody shall throw around underwear and disappear ...
>
> not only underware will disappear
>
> anyhow, i now issue a message so when you see them you'd better check your source because your pant might drop to your ankles showing your underware when your client tell you that he wonders where those entries pointing nowhere come from (ok, you can consider it part of the "automatically generate random references and bibliographies" feature that Thomas and I are working on)

:o))

Wonderful!

Steffen