* ConTeXt, Metapost
@ 2000-01-15 14:32 Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2000-01-15 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

now I also started to use metapost, I have some questions:

How can I switch to sans serif fonts, using:
\startuseMPgraphic{foo}
defaultfont:="cmss10";
verbatimtex \input amssym.tex  etex

doesn't have the desired effect.

Ok, now it works using:
export TEX=texexec --once
verbatimtex \setupbodyfont[ams,ss]  etex

but isn't there a better (portable) methode of this.
(I have write18 enabled, but I think I need an extra switch,
which one?)

And which command types directly a MP graphic,
presently I use
\def\bar#1#2#3#4#5#6#7{%
\startuseMPgraphic{foo}
\stopuseMPgraphic
\useMPgraphic{foo}}

but this doesn't seem to be the best methode.

Tobias

* RE: ConTeXt, Metapost
@ 2000-01-17  6:18 ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2000-01-17  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

> verbatimtex \setupbodyfont[ams,ss]  etex
>
> but isn't there a better (portable) methode of this.
> (I have write18 enabled, but I think I need an extra switch,
> which one?)

What do you mean with portable? I also use this. Probably because
defaultfont didn't work for me too (maybe it works only with some standard
tex fonts).

Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* Re: ConTeXt, Metapost
@ 2000-01-17  8:22 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-01-17  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: NTG-ConTeXt

At 03:32 PM 1/15/2000 +0100, Tobias Burnus wrote:

>Ok, now it works using:
>export TEX=texexec --once
>verbatimtex \setupbodyfont[ams,ss]  etex

It makes sense to add the next lines to your texmf.cnf file:

MPXCOMMAND = makempx
TEX = texexec --batch --once

>but isn't there a better (portable) methode of this.
>(I have write18 enabled, but I think I need an extra switch,
>which one?)

Already answered by berend.

>And which command types directly a MP graphic,
>presently I use
>\def\bar#1#2#3#4#5#6#7{%
>\startuseMPgraphic{foo}
>\stopuseMPgraphic
>\useMPgraphic{foo}}
>
>but this doesn't seem to be the best methode.

It makes sense to take a look in supp-mps.tex, since all these commands
come from there; there is also \startMPgraphic ... \stopMPgraphic, and soon
a few more.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE